Hard bags are BACK on...updated pics (one year later)!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard bags are BACK on...updated pics (one year later)!!

Default Hard bags are BACK on...finished & updated pics!

I purchased these hardbags from http://www.invictamotorsports.com a few weeks ago, and I just finished mounting them tonight. It took me awhile to mock them up (mainly because I'm anal ), but overall the fit is great. I still need to fabricate some type of bar to attach to each bag and also attach to my license plate bracket in the rear. The bags move a little, so I'll need this bar to get the bags to be solid.

I believe that they are replicas of the Champion bags, because they look the same and have the same dimensions as the Patriot bags. Mine are the LS004 Ultimate Bags, and I also got the liners. I believe this is the first C model that these bags have been mounted to, according to the guy I spoke with before I bought them. His name is Terry, and he was great to work with and had fantastic customer service.

Here are the pictures I took in the garage. I'll get better ones when I get the bike outside during the day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Give in to the blackness. It is useless to resist.

Looks good bro. Now ya need a Wideopen fairing.
    Back on the road. 2003 lightly moddified 118ci C model.

Good lord...massive. Looks good.

+1 on the wideopen fairing.
    I do not want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying.http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/
    05 1300 N, HK 3, CP Punishers, custom paint, full fairing, Michelin HydraEdge 205/65/16, Tsukayu bags

Those bags are exactly what I've been looking for. The Champions are nice too, but should be, considering the price. Just a couple of questions....How much $$$$ and did they come with the mounting hardware????

Nice clean installation that came out lookin' really sharp. Should come in awful handy too. Me likes lots.

Biddy
    '04 1300 S

Proud C.R.A.P. Member #001

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/signaturepics/xsigpic12648_2.gif.pagespeed.ic.FQrzFoOxD1.jpg

They are still pricey, but cheaper than Champion! I paid $850 for the black ones already painted. You can check their website for more info...click the Order link on their site for prices. It's cheaper by $100 if you get them primed, and it's also cheaper if you go with the smaller bags they offer (the Pro series).

I don't know if I would ever get a fairing...I'd never hear the end of it from my fiancee' who rides an Ultra Classic. She keeps telling me the more I add to the X, the more it's looking like a Harley!

To be honest, one of the main reasons I got the bags was to haul my own stuff with me...she kept kidding me every time I asked her to carry stuff for me in her bags. And I'd like to start riding my bike to my appointments to save on gas.

Biddy, I appreciate the kind words...I know it's not C.R.A.P material by a long shot!

Quote Originally Posted by MR VTX
    They are still pricey, but cheaper than Champion! I paid $850 for the black ones already painted. You can check their website for more info...click the Order link on their site for prices. It's cheaper by $100 if you get them primed, and it's also cheaper if you go with the smaller bags they offer (the Pro series).

I don't know if I would ever get a fairing...I'd never hear the end of it from my fiancee' who rides an Ultra Classic. She keeps telling me the more I add to the X, the more it's looking like a Harley!

To be honest, one of the main reasons I got the bags was to haul my own stuff with me...she kept kidding me every time I asked her to carry stuff for me in her bags. And I'd like to start riding my bike to my appointments to save on gas.

Biddy, I appreciate the kind words...I know it's not C.R.A.P material by a long shot!
    I have pictures of her carrying some huge package at BBT and you with nothing. Oh the shame.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrhick
    I have pictures of her carrying some huge package at BBT and you with nothing. Oh the shame.
    Yeah, and I have pictures of you out in the fields of the Hill Country....ahhh, nevermind!

Yeah, that was her package, so she carries it!

Yeah, and I have pictures of you out in the fields of the Hill Country....ahhh, nevermind!

Yeah, I hear your "package isn't very big. :P

oh... sting...dat's cold Steve.
    I do not want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying.http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/
    05 1300 N, HK 3, CP Punishers, custom paint, full fairing, Michelin HydraEdge 205/65/16, Tsukayu bags

Yeah, and contrary to popular belief...size doesn't matter! That's good news for the "Hickster"! :P

[quote=MR VTX]
    Quote Originally Posted by "MR VTX":3cx641cz

Yeah, and contrary to popular belief...size doesn't matter! That's good news for the "Hickster"! :P[/quote:3cx641cz]

It's all good. Mama has tiny hands.

And now that I've thrown this post all the way down in the gutter, we now return you to your regularly scheduled topic.

Lookin good.
    05 Titainium 1300 C

VTX bagger in the making

14" Carlini Gangster Apes, Hard Krome 3" Res Tech Drag Pipes, Champion Patriot Hard Bags, and soon to have a Batwing Fairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff-d00d
    Lookin good.
    Thanks, Jeff. I decided to go ahead and use the mounting brackets that came with the bags. I e-mailed Champion and asked them if they would just sell their mounting brackets separately, but they said they would only sell the brackets to customers who have bought their bags.

Oh well, I think these brackets will work fine. But I'll need to make a crossover piece like the one you have, so that they won't shake at all. Right now, it shakes just a little bit, but I haven't ridden it yet. I don't want these bags to shake at all!

[quote=cybrhick]
    Quote Originally Posted by "MR VTX":1mg3sdbc

Yeah, and contrary to popular belief...size doesn't matter! That's good news for the "Hickster"! :P
    It's all good. Mama has tiny hands.[/quote:1mg3sdbc]

Those really look good on a "C".

Did they come with mounting hardware or did you have to fab something up?
    06 VTX 1300c Bub Jug Huggers, Hypercharger, Ultimate Low Rider w/ passenger, NC Switchblade 2 Up , NC Paladin Backrest, K-Drive Bags, Progressive's, MC Eng Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny_Tx

I couldn't agree more on the look. I always thought the Champion bags looked the best on a C model. So when I found these bags and saw the price, I couldn't pass it up.

They came with mounting brackets. I had to buy spacers, longer fender bolts, rubber & metal washers, and longer mounting bolts. It took awhile for me to mock it up, but it came out pretty good.

Dummy me...I forgot to take a picture of just the mounting brackets by themselves. I'll see if I can get a better picture and post it. I will also create a list of what I bought so others can duplicate this setup.

I would still like to find a way to create some type of quick release for these, but that could take awhile. And who knows, I may just keep them on permanently!

I won't be able to use my Honda deluxe backrest without some serious modification to it, so that kinda sucks! I'll need to work on that, too.

Also, I still have to drill some new holes for my CB antenna bracket & shorten it, because I had to move it over to clear the right bag.

Sheesh...I thought I was done!

Nice looking bags.

KY, Cold Spring-think cincinnati/northern KY

Yeah, and I have pictures of you out in the fields of the Hill Country
    ...and I bet there was a sheep within in his 'package' length too....
    CRAPHO..where are you?

I mean....chit man....
    YOU TUBE was made for stuff like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by michael7276
    Yeah, and I have pictures of you out in the fields of the Hill Country
    ...and I bet there was a sheep within in his 'package' length too....
    CRAPHO..where are you?

I mean....chit man....
    YOU TUBE was made for stuff like that!!
    Leave it to Michael to pick it right back up where Steve left off...

Speaking of Steve (a.k.a) "Curly"...I wonder where Larry and Moe are? I'm sure they'll chime in soon! They know who they are!

[quote=MR VTX]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Gunny_Tx":2os54ghm

I couldn't agree more on the look. I always thought the Champion bags looked the best on a C model. So when I found these bags and saw the price, I couldn't pass it up.

They came with mounting brackets. I had to buy spacers, longer fender bolts, rubber & metal washers, and longer mounting bolts. It took awhile for me to mock it up, but it came out pretty good.

Dummy me...I forgot to take a picture of just the mounting brackets by themselves. I'll see if I can get a better picture and post it. I will also create a list of what I bought so others can duplicate this setup.

I would still like to find a way to create some type of quick release for these, but that could take awhile. And who knows, I may just keep them on permanently!

I won't be able to use my Honda deluxe backrest without some serious modification to it, so that kinda sucks! I'll need to work on that, too.

Also, I still have to drill some new holes for my CB antenna bracket & shorten it, because I had to move it over to clear the right bag.

Sheesh...I thought I was done! [/quote:2os54ghm]

Great, a parts lis would be awesome. I may go this route instead of the Champions.

Thanks for the details.

G
    06 VTX 1300c Bub Jug Huggers, Hypercharger, Ultimate Low Rider w/ passenger, NC Switchblade 2 Up , NC Paladin Backrest, K-Drive Bags, Progressive's, MC Eng Guard.

What's next for that pumpkin Jason, curb feelers and some fringe, maybe a little coon tail hanging off the back of your lid. Been watching this thread to see some of your friends give you some chit.....hope I didn't disappoint you :wink

the bags don't look bad but don't tell anybody I said so
    Send in the Marines
    '09 Victory Vision Tour Premium sold 5/2013
    I miss all my X's
    '04 1300C
    '03 1800C
    '06 1800F

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog 1
    What's next for that pumpkin Jason, curb feelers and some fringe, maybe a little coon tail hanging off the back of your lid. Been watching this thread to see some of your friends give you some chit.....hope I didn't disappoint you :wink

There's Moe! Anyone seen Larry?

Size does matter . I would like to smuggle some illegal immigrants to pay for many bike accessories . Those bags look pretty large. Would 2 illegals fit in them

[quote=MR VTX]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bigdog 1":2mpgr7gp

There's Moe! Anyone seen Larry? [/quote:2mpgr7gp]

He's busy building stands and horn brackets.

[quote=cybrhick]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bigdog 1":28h6v7ih

There's Moe! Anyone seen Larry?
    He's busy building stands and horn brackets.[/quote:28h6v7ih]

And riding orange bikes in secret!

Okay here are the pictures of the brackets. There are three on each side, and they measure 10.5" long and 1" wide. They have the threaded spacers welded to them. The bags only come with two sets of mounting brackets, but I got a third set to help with making them sturdier.

I did a test ride this evening, and ran into a problem. The bags shifted forward and rested against the shocks. They rubbed a little, but it's not bad. However, I now need to fab up a bracket to attach the bags to the license plate mount under the rear fender so the bags will not move forward. This should also help with the small shake that they currently have.

nyuk nyuk nyuk

good catch on them falling forward.

Good looking bike!

I have to ask...did you paint your PepsX stand to match your bike? That's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by KenzX
    Good looking bike!

I have to ask...did you paint your PepsX stand to match your bike? That's cool.
    The stand was a gift from Curly and Larry...deep down, they both like orange! Moe does, too!

I was told it was the only one Dan made that color!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.