Honda VTX Forum banner

MARDON 08 UPDATES "18-20 JULY 2008"

10K views 207 replies 35 participants last post by  PiNkPaNtHeR 
#1 ·
Yes it may be to early to bring this subject up but I think each us should consider what July weekend in 08, we should schedule our next Mardon get together.

Intentionally excluding the 4th leaves us with 3 options:
11th thru 13th
18th thru 20th
25th thru 27th

Some things to consider are coinciding events like the Lava Run. There may be other events like bike shows that I have no information of.

Other things to consider are whom will make the reservations and collect the necessary monies. Also the BBQ and the organized rides should be managed by individuals.

Mardon 07 was a success because of the efforts of just a few riders. They did more than their fair share and should not be expected to do it again next year.

I will bump this subject up from time to time to remind us to come to a consensus

All comments and suggestions are appreciated.

See less See more
#152 ·
Ok... so as some of you may know, my lady is a bit high maintenance and doesn't enjoy camping. Unless there are 4 walls and indoor plumbing, she doesn't like it. So, anyone have any experience with the motel in Mardon? I'm about to call and make reservations, but I wanted to see if there were any negative reviews floating around.

If all of this works out, it'll be our first Mardon ride, I'm pretty excited :D

#155 ·
good luck

Adam,

Mardons motel and what not have been all booked for months...unless you get lucky and find a cancellation, you're outa luck ( me too).

There are motels in Moses Lake and in Othello....

#158 ·
camp

Randy The X Man said:
Bob I thought you were a camper now. I thought Sherly said she liked to camp?

Adam the camping is just a tent setup, air matress, and sleeping bag. Moses lake is not and Othello are not far away if you want a room. But I would book now if they are avaliable. Othello is closest I think?

Thanks
Randy The X Man
www.motonorthwest.com
Yeah, camping will be the gig this time....no problemo there!

#159 ·
I think the Best Western in Othello is a possibility... looks like it's $99/night, though... ouch.

We're now also considering camping. I have to buy a tent and all that fun stuff, but I suppose that could be doable. Couple of questions:

1. How do you all strap a tent and sleeping bags to the X and still have room for the regular set of things one packs for a trip like this?
2. What are the shower/bathroom facilities like at the resort?
3. How loud do you all snore? ;)

#162 ·
Mr.Metal said:
I think the Best Western in Othello is a possibility... looks like it's $99/night, though... ouch.

We're now also considering camping. I have to buy a tent and all that fun stuff, but I suppose that could be doable. Couple of questions:

1. How do you all strap a tent and sleeping bags to the X and still have room for the regular set of things one packs for a trip like this?
My wife is driving a support vehicle over so if we can meet up at some point prior we can throw your stuff in with ours.

#163 ·
Greg in Oly said:
My wife is driving a support vehicle over so if we can meet up at some point prior we can throw your stuff in with ours.
I didn't realize that wives can do that... :idea: :idea: :idea: I think I need to promote my girlfriend to "wife" status and assign her to "support vehicle" duty. Problem solved! :D

On a serious note, I'll let you know if that would help us out. We have a lot of shopping to do in order to "rough it" with the rest of you. I'm thinking I should probably get my pedicure done before the trip, as Mardon seems a little lacking on the accomodations ;)

G
#165 ·
:roll: as to the snoring, i cant really comment on that. but according to a nice young lady from next door at last years event, they had flashlights in my face and i didnt move...musta been to much of the apple stuff that tony had cause i was passed the f-ck out, and had the hangover to match.
jason

#166 ·
Mr.Metal said:

Adam - I am in the same boat as you. Last year was fine when I was riding solo. I brought more stuff than dockboss did! :lol: I'll bet Rick has a picture. 8)

This year I am bringing alot less clothes & will pack all of my stuff in one saddlebag. I'll have the other saddlebag packed with bike essentials & leave the majority of the sissy-bar bag for the missus. Tent, sleeping bags & camping chairs will be strapped to the sissy-bar bag. I'm also making a shelf that will bolt on to my luggage rack to support the bag better & provide tie-points for the extra stuff.

I brought a Crown Royal bag full of quarters for the shower last year. Oh & definitely bring some shower sandals. The floors are pretty dang nasty in the showers.

As Jason mentioned, get your drink on good & you won't hear anyone else snoring. :lol:

Dave~

#167 ·
Thanks for the ideas, Dave. I'm thinking that I'll pick up some saddlebags and stuff my clothes and bike stuff in those. I'll use the T-Bag for anything left over, the girl's clothes, and whatever else will fit. I can probably strap the tent to the top of the T-Bag, where the roll bag usually goes. Maybe the sleeping bags will fit too, we'll see. We had a TON of stuff in our T-Bag on the trip to Winthrop, I guess a girl really does need all of her shoes ;)

Now, the real question is, how much can my rear suspension take :shock: :lol:

#169 ·
Hey All ...I just spoke with Jeff the (Fire Dancer Balze) on the phone and we got it down as being there on that Friday EARLY FRIDAY.. Hey ..Greg were on the west side to.. I live in Tacoma Jeff & Doug lives in Kent we all usally ride together Maybe we all go at the same time.. 8)

SEE YA
ROD-O

#170 ·
ROD-O said:
Hey All ...I just spoke with Jeff the (Fire Dancer Balze) on the phone and we got it down as being there on that Friday EARLY FRIDAY.. Hey ..Greg were on the west side to.. I live in Tacoma Jeff & Doug lives in Kent we all usally ride together Maybe we all go at the same time.. 8)

SEE YA
ROD-O
I have a bus driver training course that week and depending on what time I get out of there it sounds like a great idea.

#172 ·
Irish Red said:
I brought a Crown Royal bag full of quarters for the shower last year.
Hey Big D,

If you give me what was originally in that bag, maybe we can work something out since I'll be driving my truck/camper over.
I can share. 8) Maybe I'll drop off a bottle or two with you to haul over for us. :wink:

Dave~

G
#174 ·
after looking at the calendar i have realized that im due to cater a friends wedding in southern oregon that same f-ing w-end. this has me bent. i enjoy making this event. however this is the wifes best friend of 25 years, go f-ing figure. last summer i missed a bachelor party...then had to hear all of the stories while i was catering the wedding. dammitt! i love the fact that friends are finding their future divorce partners but why do it in the dead of summer when im supposed to be out riding?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.