Honda VTX Forum banner

Anyone running V & H Cruizers and stock air box

705 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Pensacola VTX 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of taking off my Hypercharger and going back to the stock air box. Just wondered if it is working out all right running that way.
Thanks, Mike

#3 ·
I had it painted last summer. It was black before but everyone has black. Needed to do something different. Thanks for the info. I'm having trouble with the vacuum lines going bad with the Hypercharger. Talked to the stealer they said that was a problem with the hypercharger. I installed the hypercharger and Cruizers at the same time and wanted to find out if switching back to the old air box would cause any problems. I would go back to the old jetts and old setup.

#5 ·
Set-Up

I'm running the set-up you're asking about now. I removed the pair valve and did the SCAR method with one washer under the needle and turned the A/F screw out 2 1/2 turns and it runs just fine. It is a bit different now that the weather is really cold in NJ, but I will not touch it, not worth it.

#6 ·
I have V&H Cruzers and the stock air box, stock jetting. I haven't many miles on the pipes yet, but seems to run fine. I will be doing the pair mod later, and probably a K&N/Scar mod after that

#7 ·
pipes

I have Cruzers and I thought I was running rich because after about 7-8 months I could smell fuel. After being told lean will cause unburnt fuel as well, I realized I need to jet. I will be doing it soon. Probably take care of that pesky pair valve while I'm at it. I will post the reults.

#9 ·
I have run them w/ the stock air box & stock jetting for almost 2 years. Runs fine. Just gapped the plugs the other day and the all looked great, although the front right plug looked a little hotter than the rest, but still well in range. I thought about the hyper-charger, but came to the conclusion it was more show than go. besides I am still enjoying on average 37MPG corrected by 10%, in other words calculating show almost 41 MPG-10% for speedo correction

Rob $.02

#10 ·
Thanks for the input. If I change back I was thinking of using 1 shim to see how it ran. I have always had trouble with this bike running rich know matter how I set it up but it seamed to run the best with the hypercharger/cruizers and 3 shims before my vacuum hose problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.