Honda VTX Forum banner

Out of action for a little while

445 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jimbo 
#1 ·
Well, took a bit of a tumble around the house today. After a trip to the ER I found out that I cracked at least one rib :cus: . Guess there wont be any riding for me for a couple weeks. Is there anybody else that has had this injury and can give me an idea of what to expect over the next few weeks? Right now I can barely move. I did ask the Doc about riding. He said as long as I could deal with it, there wouldn't be a problem. Not going to even try for at least a couple weeks.

Thanks,
Jim

#2 ·
I played Hockey in High school and cracked 4 ribs. There is not really anything at all they can do for you, except prescribe those happy pills and tell you to walk it off. It took about 2 weeks before i could do anything real major, and by that i mean sneeze or cough :lol: Not sure how old you are but I am 26 and this happened about 9 or 10 years ago.

Mike

#3 ·
Well this just happened to me about a little over a month ago. I cracked a couple of ribs. Tried to ride and as soon as i hit that first little bump, i had to turn around it hurt so bad. Took about 2 to 3 weeks before i could move. Probrably would've healed sooner but i sneezed once and if felt like they broke all over again. Once you can cough without it hurting i'd say you are good to go. Like i said it happened to me about a month ago and only pain i have is every once in a while when i lay down it has like a stretching pain. Good luck and speedy recovery

#4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. The first 24 hours was pretty rough. The worst has been having to get up out of bed or a chair. Hopefully the worst is over...

#5 ·
I broke a couple of ribs in 2002 (was 48 at the time) and it really stunk. The severe pain lasted for about a week, but, it was close to a year before it was completely gone. One of the ribs was broken in multiple places, hopefully that is not the case for you. My injury took place in early March, and it was June before I was riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.