Honda VTX Forum banner

Final M&G Plans!

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  PeterX 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

now that we're about a month out, I figured most of you should know for sure if you plan on making the M&G.....If you haven't already, please shoot me a PM with an RSVP this way we know who to expect. I took the ride that 2rangerted arranged for us a few weeks back, and it was about as nice a ride as you can get around here......there were a few stretches of Hwy that were one twistie after another.....it was a good time and fun ride! Thanks Ted!!

Here is the plan as it sits now:

Meet up at Newton Hills State Park by Noon on Sat. the 7th (Cabin #4) We will make sure we have everyone (hence the RSVP :D ) After everyone is accounted for, we will start the ride........about 1/2 - 3/4 in to the ride we will stop off in the little town of Hudson who happens to have about one bar for everyone who lives there :lol: . After we stretch our legs/have a beverage of choice, we will continue on......from there, we will continue on past Newton Hills and back to Sioux Falls. Once we arrive in Sioux Falls we will make a stop at Falls park where 2rangerted would like to snap some photos of everyone and their bikes. After everyone checks out the park, we will stop off downtown Sioux Falls for another beverage of choice.....rest a bit, then head back out to Newton Hills for a BBQ.....total distance will be about 140 miles give or take.

Now.....althoe my wife bought her first bike this year, she is still not experienced enough to take on a ride that is over 100Miles....with that being said, her plan is to drive the van out and ride 2Up with me on Sat. What that means is, we will have a decent sized vehicle to drive in to Canton for those of you who need to get beverages/food/etc......I know a lot of you plan on being at the camp grounds on Friday, so what we can do is all get together, determine what is needed, and a few of us can van it in to town and pick up whatever everyone wants. We plan on bringing two large coolers and a smaller one for food, so whatever we can't fit in those, we may have to purchase styrofoam coolers for. As far as the grills they have out there....I will try and find out what they have......I may end up bringing my camping grill that runs off propane.....small, but you guys can sure have at it. We can all congregate at cabin #4 for beverages and BBQ.....we'll try and bring condements and paper plates/napkins for everyone.

Other than that.....everyone who is planning on sleeping in a motel or driving home that night....you will have to purchase a day pass in to Newton Hills on Sat when you arrive. I believe it is $3 per person, or $5 for a car/bike load. Please, if your able plan on returning to Newton Hills after we visit the Falls to join in on the BBQ!

That's all folks.....any questions, you know where to find me!
~Jason
(Banik07)

See less See more
#2 ·
Have fun guys. Wish I could make it but sadly I will be in Florida snorkeling, parasailing, boating, fishing - all while surrounded by beauties. (My wife and kids of course)

#5 ·
I think I'm ready!!

My Wife and I were out walking the dog last Thursday and a group of bikers passed us.....leading the group into Tea was Jason.I waved......your Woman waved back but noooo,Jason was too busy being cool to acknowledge a guy without a bike!!!!Next time,I'm running into the street!!

#6 ·
There will be four of us for sure and maybe six.
I think half of us are camping and the other half doing a motel.

We plan on getting there Friday late afternoon or early evening. So, should we meet up with you guys Friday night or Saturday at noon? If Friday, should we make our own plans for dinner and meet you guys for beverages later or what do you think?

We all have Friday off work so our schedule is very flexible and we can meet up anytime really.

Lance

ps: Jason pm me your cell number please.

#7 ·
Caps said:
There will be four of us for sure and maybe six.
I think half of us are camping and the other half doing a motel.

We plan on getting there Friday late afternoon or early evening. So, should we meet up with you guys Friday night or Saturday at noon? If Friday, should we make our own plans for dinner and meet you guys for beverages later or what do you think?

We all have Friday off work so our schedule is very flexible and we can meet up anytime really.

Lance

ps: Jason pm me your cell number please.
Caps, I think we should all meet up Friday evening.....we can either cruise into Sioux Falls for dinner and head back to the camp site for drinks, or we can just do dinner in Canton, have a few drinks there and head back to the camp site for a few more :beer3:

Sorry, I didn't read this post until after I already sent a PM.....I'll send another one with my cell#

The Wife and I should be out there around 4:30ish.....we can meet up at our cabin if that works for you? You should shoot me your # as well.

#9 ·
Sounds good!! We'll be there......you know, if you let us know for sure how many of you there will be, we can spring for burgers, brats, and salad friday nite and just grill out, start a fire, and get our drink on :beer2: I guess that would be the cheap route if you guys are up for that? If you were wanting to ride in to town, we can do that too.....just let me know how the bbq sounds?!

#11 ·
banik07 said:
Sounds good!! We'll be there......you know, if you let us know for sure how many of you there will be, we can spring for burgers, brats, and salad friday nite and just grill out, start a fire, and get our drink on :beer2: I guess that would be the cheap route if you guys are up for that? If you were wanting to ride in to town, we can do that too.....just let me know how the bbq sounds?!
That sounds like a good plan. I'll found out how many for sure in the next few days, but lets count on the bbq for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.