Harley Frame Mount Fairing on VTX EDITED
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harley Frame Mount Fairing on VTX EDITED

ShortShifter

Default Harley Frame Mount Fairing on VTX EDITED

Here is a repost of Prairy Dogs Post of a Harley Super Glide Fairing that I thought was worthwhile for a second look. This is really increadible first because it is a Frame Mount Fairing and second because of the dual healight set up. This is really a valueable comodity if you can find one Grab It! The ride quality at highspeeds would be really stable with very little buffeting and the customary front end shimmy due to wind buffeting. Now if you did the HID headlight converion on both headlights 1 for High beam and the other for Low beam you would have one awesome ride that could not compare except with maybe Frame Mounted Lowers. OOOh Ya!

Real Nicely done PDog!

Unfortuately I can't copy/paste his pics so you can view them at this link on this site;
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=240706

Cheers,
    Rowland

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Thx Shifter.

I'd be happy to help or advise anyone who wants to mount a Road Glide fairing on their VTX. I'm looking at the HID headlight conversions too but at the moment my "chrome budget" is a tad depleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Prairiedog
    Thx Shifter.

I'd be happy to help or advise anyone who wants to mount a Road Glide fairing on their VTX. I'm looking at the HID headlight conversions too but at the moment my "chrome budget" is a tad depleted.
    Dude, me & you need to have a chat.

Dogs understand why bikers ride

'04 VTX 1300 Silver Retro
    C.R.A.P. Member #007

Default Pix Please!

The pix links on the original post seem be off-line. Would love to see how this looks. I've always liked the Road Glide setup fairing and "Tourpak" bags and trunk. (Just not the price!)

Default Re: Harley Frame Mount Fairing on VTX EDITED

VTX-Ryder -
    Dude, me & you need to have a chat.
    Shoot me a note and we'll arrange it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prairiedog View Post
    Thx Shifter.

I like the idea of a frame mounted fairing on my VTX 1300S. Have you written anything on how to convert a HD fairing to a VTX?

Are there any commercial manufacturers of frame mounted fairings for VTX's today?

Wow where did the old post get resurected from? Back before I was banned from the board!

Quote Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
    Here is a repost of Prairy Dogs Post of a Harley Super Glide Fairing that I thought was worthwhile for a second look. This is really increadible first because it is a Frame Mount Fairing and second because of the dual healight set up. This is really a valueable comodity if you can find one Grab It! The ride quality at highspeeds would be really stable with very little buffeting and the customary front end shimmy due to wind buffeting. Now if you did the HID headlight converion on both headlights 1 for High beam and the other for Low beam you would have one awesome ride that could not compare except with maybe Frame Mounted Lowers. OOOh Ya!

Real Nicely done PDog!

Unfortuately I can't copy/paste his pics so you can view them at this link on this site;
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=240706

Cheers,
    Rowland
    Alpha Howlers: "Will To Power" . . . I Will, I Do, I Can Do. . .Hence: I Can Do. . .So I Did Do!
    WAKE-UP GRACY IT'S TIME TO GO SPLASH THE REO GRANDE BACK TO MEXICO! PARTY TIME AT CABO SAN LUCAS!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.