Question about Easy Bracket install w/ Honda Delux Backrest
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Easy Bracket install w/ Honda Delux Backrest

Default Question about Easy Bracket install w/ Honda Delux Backrest

Anybody have this set up?
    I followed the instructions and mounted the Docking posts OK but the rear backrest bolt hits the back of the EZ bracket and won't let the bracket seat. If I take this bolt out the brackets fit fine. Do I need a lower profile bolt?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Question about Easy Bracket install w/ Honda Delux Backrest

Which bolt are you having issues with. There is a long bolt for the easy bracket that goes in the last hole and the backrest does not attach to that one. The middle hole is used to hold the easy bracket and the bottom backrest bracket and the front hole is just used for the backrest bracket. When you ordered your easy bracket did you order the the one for the backrest. They will send different bolts for the easy brackets depending on if you have a backrest or not.

Over 8yrs, 70K miles and reliable as ever

The kit for the 1300C with Honda Delux backrest comes with a special mounting plate that goes on the backside of the backrest side rail, for bolting the docking posts to the backrest. A socket head bolt, (all the same size in the kit), goes through the docking post that fits into the cut outs on the side of the backrest side rail, to the mounting plate behind the side rail, and is secured with a nylon locking nut. My side rail looks like this; http://www.easybrackets.com/images/VTX-C1BR-small.jpg
    The bolt that hits the EZ Bracket is the rear mounting bolt for the backrest side rail that is positioned between the two cut outs.

Here was my setup when I had them. Which bolt are you talking about?

The bolt in the center of your picture between the two EZ Bracket mounting posts is the bolt that is hitting the back side of my Bracket. The bolts I have are chrome hex head that are 3/8" high from the side rail, they came with my backrest. It looks like I need to find some button head bolts like you have, it appears that they don't stand out as far. Thanks MR VTX for the picture.

When I ordered my Easy Brackets from HDL I got the full size silver backing plates that look like Mr VTX's. I couldn't get them to work no matter what I tried. I called the guy from Easy Brackets (can't remember his name) and he said that Honda had made a change in the deluxe backrest setup and that the backing plates and bolts that I received with my Easy Brackets wouldn't work. He sent me some replacement parts and everything worked great. Hard to see in my pic but looking thru the chrome backrest bracket you can't even see the Easy Bracket backing plate.
    If you can't get things to work give him a call and describe your problem to him. My guess is you have the wrong plates and bolts.
    Black 2006 VTX1300C
    Kuryakyn Iso Grips, Wide Blade Levers, and Stiletto End Caps ~ Honda Deluxe Backrest ~ Memphis Shades 21" Windshield ~ Big Bikes Parts Windshield Pouch ~ River Road Slant Saddle Bags ~ Easy Brackets ~ Hick CTR ~ 1800 Seat Mod ~ Audiovox Cruise Control.

Quote Originally Posted by 00 Doc
    The bolt in the center of your picture between the two EZ Bracket mounting posts is the bolt that is hitting the back side of my Bracket. The bolts I have are chrome hex head that are 3/8" high from the side rail, they came with my backrest. It looks like I need to find some button head bolts like you have, it appears that they don't stand out as far. Thanks MR VTX for the picture.
    If I remember correctly, the plate that I got with my Easy Brackets had a hole in the center of it large enough to accomodate the spacer that is used with the Honda Deluxe Mounting Brackets. Also, remember that the Honda Deluxe Backrest bolts are different sizes...the longer bolts go into the front holes on the fender rails (closest to the seat), and the shorter ones go into the middle holes on the fender rails. You may have the longer bolts in the middle fender rail holes, when they should be in the front holes.

I remember what a PITA it was to get those things mounted to the Deluxe Backrest Mounting Brackets. What really pissed me off, though, was when I realized the bolts for the two docking posts had gouged my fender rails on both sides. They were just a tad too long, but I didn't realize it until I took them off. Be careful and check to see that they don't hit the fender rails.

Quote Originally Posted by MR VTX
    What really pissed me off, though, was when I realized the bolts for the two docking posts had gouged my fender rails on both sides. They were just a tad too long, but I didn't realize it until I took them off. Be careful and check to see that they don't hit the fender rails.
    What he said.
    Fortunately I noticed this before I bolted mine together and ground the excess off before putting it on the bike.
    Black 2006 VTX1300C
    Kuryakyn Iso Grips, Wide Blade Levers, and Stiletto End Caps ~ Honda Deluxe Backrest ~ Memphis Shades 21" Windshield ~ Big Bikes Parts Windshield Pouch ~ River Road Slant Saddle Bags ~ Easy Brackets ~ Hick CTR ~ 1800 Seat Mod ~ Audiovox Cruise Control.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.