Thumbscrew style A/F mixture screw
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thumbscrew style A/F mixture screw

Default Thumbscrew style A/F mixture screw

Well, I tried out this thumbscrew style air/fuel mixture screw from factory pro. I can't seem to get rid of my low end throttle stumbling. Mid range and full throttle seem fine and the bike pulls hard after I get moving. But from a stand still, it burps and sputters like crazy. I've tried 3 different pilot jets with no change. I tried the stock 55, a 58 and finally a 65. Nothing seems to help. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this type of A/F screw and if they had any problems with it. The problem goes away when I choke it a bit and I definitely don't have any vacuum leaks. My X is running with a Hypercharger and HK slip on pipes. I'll probably pull the carb down tomorrow and re-install the original A/F mixture screw and see what happens.
    Links to the Gallery, Rider Map and Events Calendar have been moved to:

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Thumbscrew style A/F mixture screw

so it was running fine before the new fuel screw?

Are you sure you set it at the same amount of turns out the OEM screw was set at?
    2004 1300c pearl orange

Default Re: Thumbscrew style A/F mixture screw

I have FactoryPro A/F thumb screw and have no problem with it, i don't even have to choke the bike. i have aeromach UltraFlow and V&H cruzers exhaust, 195 main and 65 slow 2 1/4 turn on A/F mixture.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.