DAY TRIPS FROM ALBUQUERQUE
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DAY TRIPS FROM ALBUQUERQUE

Default DAY TRIPS FROM ALBUQUERQUE

I am attending the Balloon Fiesta next month. I'm meeting other riders once I arrive. We would like to take day rides after we watch the balloon assend. Can anyone recommend some scenic rides?

Any advice on what to see and do at the Balloon Fiesta???????????????

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: DAY TRIPS FROM ALBUQUERQUE

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercycle
    I am attending the Balloon Fiesta next month. I'm meeting other riders once I arrive. We would like to take day rides after we watch the balloon assend. Can anyone recommend some scenic rides?

Any advice on what to see and do at the Balloon Fiesta???????????????

Hey there. I'm in Las Cruces, but have lived in Albuquerque. Things worth seeing there are Old Town, lots of good stuff you could only get in NM, in terms of shops and stuff. The aquarium is good. For a nice day ride, go to Sandia Peak. It's a ski place in the winter. Should be some real nice biking roads there. You could go south to the wildlife preserve, but it's a straight highway shot. If you want about a 2 hr ride (one way) you could check out the very large array, the array of big telescopes you saw in the movie Contact. You can get to Santa Fe in 45 min, that is a terrific place to hang out in the plaza, see lots of art galleries, terrific restaurants, lots of historical stuff. You are an hour from Taos, great ski place, but also a great toursity village. Great roads in the area.

Will pm too, may not be back soon.

Jim
    Cloud-9

2002 1800C, Big Boy, Roadhouse Shorty, Xtreme glass fairing, Hondaline sissy/luggage.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.