Honda VTX Forum banner

Battery Tender

788 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  X RTD 
#1 ·
Forgive me folks...getting old and things just slip my mind. I remember seeing a post some time ago about the right way to plug in the battery tender. I think it was:

Connect to bike first, then the wall?

When you disconnect, does it matter which gets off first...from the battery or the wall?

#7 ·
I remember the reasoning for hooking the bike up first, then plugging it in to the wall, but what difference does it make which one you unplug first?
:dontknow:
Picture all these little electrons marching in a row, all organized, all synched. Now picture some applehead pulling the wrong plug first. That's right they pile up, fall down, absolute chaos, oh the humanity! Do you wanna accept responsibility for such a brutal senseless slaughter of trons? Why of course not. So back to the question, which to unplug first, it don't make a friggin bit of difference, they'll never know! ;)

#8 ·
Picture all these little electrons marching in a row, all organized, all synched. Now picture some applehead pulling the wrong plug first. That's right they pile up, fall down, absolute chaos, oh the humanity! Do you wanna accept responsibility for such a brutal senseless slaughter of trons? Why of course not. So back to the question, which to unplug first, it don't make a friggin bit of difference, they'll never know! ;)
:agree:

it don't make a friggin bit of difference

#9 ·
Other than the very remote chance there are fumes hanging around the area, if you disconect the cable connected to the battery first and it sparks, "oh the humanity" Plus even though the voltage and current is low if you disconnect the same cable some sparking does occur which causes some corrosion to form on the connector. Eventually, 10 years or so, that corrosion can limit charging. That is the same reason I unplug my electric griddle at the wall before disconnecting at the appliance. And that higher volt and current causes faster corrosion. Just my.02

#10 ·
:lol: I hear the screams, you don't? :shock:

Herb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.