Honda VTX Forum banner

cycle world..what a joke

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  DBoyz 
#1 ·
I just got my sept. issue of cycle world with the "ten best" listed. There is one honda (a 250) a suzuki and a couple of kawasaki's and the rest are bikes 90 percent of us will never see, I mean come on a ducati as best cruiser, a bmw as best tourer. They must get all their bikes in Los Angeles because I have yet to see a ducati bike or dealer and only a handful of bmw's. IMO the worst cycle mag out there.

#2 ·
Yep pretty much useless unless you like Ducks and other sport bikes. Stick with Cruiser and Baggers, I like both of those even though Cruiser has small test Riders and complain if a bike is too big. Means I might like it, LOL. Baggers gets a little old with all the wild orange, blue, green mixed up paint jobs but some good talent to view. Prefer bikes that are rideable.

#3 ·
Ducati makes a cruiser?

Sorry, the "Diavel" is NOT a cruiser...

#4 ·
I get Racist, or I mean Motorcyclist & Cycle World dirt cheap.
I HATE their crotch rocketed staff. It is worth the 90 cents
delivered, but it stops there.

Real magazines like Cruiser state the Dicatti isn't a real cruiser.
Maybe a power cruiser like the V-Max, etc., but they would never
put it in the best cruiser category. If you can't put saddlebags and
passenger backrest with luggage rack on it, it ain't a cruiser IMO.

Herb

P.S. I even dropped MC Consumer news for a few years until I got an
incredible annual subscription for $5. They have turned into
total peg scrappers. Even their pictures of bike reviews, on
public streets, look illegal. I feel for the folks that can't enjoy
riding, cruising on a motorcycle.

:)

#8 ·
Locodude, I think you have a point with "They must get all their bikes in Los Angeles". That's where they are, that's where I live, and seems every other bike on the road is a Ducati or a BMW. But just because I see 'em all the time doesn't mean I want to read about them in every freakin' issue of Cycle World.

RoadBike looks more up my alley! I'll have to check it out.

#10 ·
:agree:Cycle World sucks I asked my wife to pickup a bike mag while we were on vacation she brought it back DO THEY HAVE AN EDITOR WHO LETS THIS RAG BE PUBLISHED nojoke? If anybody finds a more boreing mag I want to see it. I must admit it did burn well in the campfire :thumbup:

#12 ·
I would have to agree with "aardvark" give ROADBIKE a try you'll find it much better than Baggers, Cycle World. I've gotten all of them and ROADBIKE is the best Magazine.

#16 ·
Yeah, I pretty much agree with everyone else. I do have to say it pissed me off when they started including HD in the mix. I mean, there are 15 GAJILLION magazines for HD or "American" only bikes. If I want to read about a Sporty or Road King, I can find that ANYWHERE. There are only a couple of mags that cater to Metric cruisers and now THAT'S not even true? Ughh...

I did recently pick up an issue of Motorcycle Escape for the first time. Not for me, however, if you love BMW's this may be your mag. I think the editors may have married some. :roll: Seriously, though, it's focus seems to be mostly adventure/off-road touring stuff and I'm not really in to that. But...ymmv.

#19 ·
Lately, the only thing in CW that interests me is Peter Egans' column. Mostly everything else is about some exotic bike I will never see or own. The subscription price is the only thing that keeps me subscribing. I think it was like $24 for 4 years, some special thing I got in the mail a while ago.

#20 ·
Just want to make a comparison.

If the Ducati is a cruiser then the Chevy my dad drove when I growing up was really a Ferrari.

:lol:

#23 ·
Peter Egan

There is no doubt in my mind that Peter Egan's column is the ONLY good thing in Cycle World. I have both Leanings 1 and 2 in hardback and they are great reads.

These days I pretty much just read Rider. I prefer to read magazines that actually write stories about RIDING with a few articles here and there about new bikes and gear. I don't plan to replace my VTX for many years to come, so new bikes just do not interest me much these days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.