Why No 2009 1800 VTX?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why No 2009 1800 VTX?

Default Why No 2009 1800 VTX?

I just returned from the Honda dealer and was told Honda dosen't make a VTX 1800 for 2009. The dealer said they have unsold 07 & 08's but did not know if they were coming back. Does anyone know anything about this? I love the 05 F model I already have but I'm disapointed its discontinued for this year.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I checked Honda's website and the 2009's are not listed for the 1800. Personally I haven't seen anything on this. I did notice that the 1300's do have 2009's listed.
    Bikers of Faith
    Riding for the Son

There have been post on this for at least 6 months on the main board. They killed the VTX 1800 for the same reason they killed the Valkyrie and the Magna: Insufficient sales. Why build a 2009 when they haven't even sold some of the bikes that are 2 years old and still in the box. The 1800s sold fairly well until the debut of the 1300s but, then.......
    '99 Valkyrie

Two lane blacktop isn't a highway, its an attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack G View Post
    There have been post on this for at least 6 months on the main board. They killed the VTX 1800 for the same reason they killed the Valkyrie and the Magna: Insufficient sales. Why build a 2009 when they haven't even sold some of the bikes that are 2 years old and still in the box. The 1800s sold fairly well until the debut of the 1300s but, then.......

Yep, what Jack said! Dang 1300 riders, huh!
    Both of my bikes are discontinued models... 01 Valk Interstate & 03 VTX 1800R! IMHO they made too many just as they always do, and just as they will do the Fury, they will try to flood the market then stop making them!
    Patriot Guard Rider...John 15:13
    VTX1800R, Red Tru-Flames , Batwing Fairing, Kury LED Lightbar, Mustang seats, BuBs, Tornado Intake, PCIII, Kury Euro Highway bar, Aeromach pegs, Chromed wheels & final drive, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack G View Post

they did not kill the bike from not enough sales...

THEY MADE WAY TO MANY!!!!

the valkyrie was a slow seller..simple...they stopped it..

the ruin was a prototype,but decided to make a limited run of them

each dealer got 1 ruin per month...

i personaly think the vtx 1800 will be dead for a while..

but not the engine...it will pop up agian in a couple of years time...

RIDE HARD RIDE SAFE ..VTXBRONCO ...CHROME WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MY RIDE PICS http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/album.php?albumid=233
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1640

Quote Originally Posted by vtxbronco View Post

THEY MADE WAY TO MANY!!!! Agreed

the valkyrie was a slow seller..simple...they stopped it..Disagree, they weren't slow sellers and they did not flood the market with them either, as they often do! There aren't that many out there comparatively speaking.

each dealer got 1 ruin per month... IMHO they shouldn't have even call this bike a Valk. It's a non-functional, bulky, MadMax looking machine that I would never expect to be long lived. (Remember JMHO)

but not the engine...it will pop up agian in a couple of years time...It's possible!
    VTX1800R, Red Tru-Flames , Batwing Fairing, Kury LED Lightbar, Mustang seats, BuBs, Tornado Intake, PCIII, Kury Euro Highway bar, Aeromach pegs, Chromed wheels & final drive, etc!

Default tboy56

I have riden honda's all my life, I ride a 2005 1800 f1.If honda decides to stop making the 1800. When it's time to replace it I will not be rideing a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by tboy56 View Post
    I have riden honda's all my life, I ride a 2005 1800 f1.If honda decides to stop making the 1800. When it's time to replace it I will not be rideing a Honda.
    That decision has already been made! It is no longer just a rumor...they are not making the VTX1800, in any model for 09! This is old news!

Default my $.02

My opinion only guys, so don't get bent out of shape.

I think Honda realized that to "improve" the 1800 they had to go towards an interstate cruiser like the Valkyrie. Thousands of Honda owners were begging for it. Myself among them, even sending emails to Honda, Inc. about the need for it. When that conclusion was reached the powers-that-be decided that they couldn't risk the competition to their flagship cruiser - the Goldwing - which they have kept loyal to for over 30 years. Other manufacturers (Kawasaki and Yamaha) that don't have that worry - have produced big interstate tourers recently and will continue to do so. Honda, however, doesn't understand that riders are going to buy what they want, not what is offered. I myself, when I've ridden my 1800 Retro till it won't go no more, am seriously considering the 1700 cc Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager. Great looking bike with about the same horsepower as 1800 Retro. Since it's belt driven, you don't have the hp loss to the rear wheel. It's fuel injected and has the luggage and body style that I'm looking for. Again, just my humble, uninformed opinion.
    PGR - LA State Captain - 03 1800 Retro, red, Mustang seats, ISO grips, V & H Bigshots, de-smog and Pair block by Bareass, eng. guards, CW sissy bar and luggage rack, HitchDoc trailer hitch, 9/30/07 new Quadzilla fairing, 5/13/11 Darkside GYTT and HID headlight.

Quote Originally Posted by vtxbronco View Post

THEY MADE WAY TO MANY!!!!

the valkyrie was a slow seller..simple...they stopped it..

each dealer got 1 ruin per month...

but not the engine...it will pop up agian in a couple of years time...
    Production numbers plus slow sales equals made too many on any model. Same with the Valkyrie. You could buy a '98 new, in the box as late as 2003. The Rune was unique and way overpriced for the Honda market. You could still find a new '04, in the box as late as last Spring. The VTX 1800 is dead. Live with it.
    '99 Valkyrie

Two lane blacktop isn't a highway, its an attitude.

It will still be a while for I am ready for another bike(at least 4 or 5 years.) Unless Honda comes out with some kind of touring bike by then, I will definitely be going elsewhere also. If I could buy another bike today, I would be looking for a good deal on a HD Street Glide. But I'd never get rid of my X to do so!
    '03 1800R MotorTrike/'09 HD Street Glide

Default X- FOREVER

I WILL NOT GET RID of MINE EITHER but LIKEWISE THE STREETGLIDE SURE IS NICE. JUST CANNOt ever geT WHAT I PUt into it AND JUST HAVE TO LOVE WHAT YOU STARTED WITH. WOULDN'T HAVE PICKED IT THE FIRST TIME.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.