Isn't there a statute of limitations on traffic violations? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Isn't there a statute of limitations on traffic violations?

I'm not sure about the number of years a ticket can be held against you, but I believe in Wisconsin, you have something like 7 days to pay a parking ticket, after which, the fine more than triples. If it doesn't get paid after that, they can yank your driver's license and/or suspend any and all of your vehicle registrations.

Riding like my ass is on fire since 1982.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

right now they are busy entering the tickets from 1979.
    That's sad. Maybe they can still tag me for that hanging out the window in Fla. They're gonna have to keep going back a few years to pick up that fin for loud pipes in Hot Springs...
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobototmy.
    03 1800C

Quote Originally Posted by swl2020 View Post
    O.K. guys, here's the deal:
    A drivers license is not a right, it is a priveledge.
    What that means is this: Suspension of the license can be had for failure to appear, failure to pay a fine, and in some States, failure to pay child support and or taxes.
    If you no show or fail to pay the fine, they can throw your a** in jail (Criminal).
    Suspension of the license is a Civil remedy.
    Since all States get Federal $$'s for road building/maintenance, they must agree to be part of what is known as the Interstate Compact. That means violations not answered as well as suspensions, are on a National Database. If the State does not report these, they loose the Federal money
    Not all states are members of the NRVC. IIRC, there are 5 states, WI being one of them, that are not members.
    There are no stupid questions,
    There's just a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Nope... No statute of limitations. Im a LEO in NJ and about two weeks ago I arrested a woman old enough to be my mom on a warrant out of Binghamton NY. Turns out she had a ticket 19 years old that was never taken care of... When we pulled her over for making an illegal left turn we wound up finding a warrant and had to take with us. I felt horrible taking her in, she was just a wreck over it. Anyway, we made some phone calls and she bailed herself out by paying the ticket amount. The lesson? All tickets... even parking tickets can come back to bite you.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.