Honda VTX Forum banner

DeBadged the bike

2K views 50 replies 6 participants last post by  GIJoeJarhead 
#1 ·
Hey, Battoo and I debadged my 1800T this weekend, and I must say, I think it looks AWESOME!!!
I'll get some pics up tomorrow . . .

He asked about taking off the Touring badge on the front . . . I left that on there for now . . . if I get some front fender bling, which I'm planning on doing, I may take it off.

Halle looks clean, now . . . you know they say Black is the fastest color!! :mrgreen:

#27 ·
You . . . running your bike hard . . . :mrgreen: get outta here!!! haha

I've been told a K&N helps mileage and gives a little bump in HP, but of course, I've never actually seen numbers to prove that. You've been riding and racing a long time and would know better than I.

Looks like there is a bike nite coming up on Sunday in OB from 2 -5, maybe you guys can make it out?
Are you gonna make bike nite tomorrow night?

#28 ·
How did a debadge turn into bench racing?:joke: 103hp is at the crank a stocker would be lucky to put down 90hp at the rear wheels. Batto if your bike put down 110hp at the rear wheels then you better post up what ya did. You could sell your secret formula for a mint.:thumbup: I run with Hivoltg and Lowriderneo all the time and they have pipes intake PCIII and dyno tuned. In a WFO contest, whenever you wanna try it. You win, I win, Who cares. Were is the bike nite in OB supposed to be?

#30 ·
We boys and our toys . . . oh, and our bikes too! :mrgreen:

As far as I know, from what Les said, Buffalo Wild Wings in OB, I assume he means the one over off Goodman near 78.

#31 ·
HD . . . where? Hehe
There was a guy at the lodge last night looking at my bike and a brother's bike sitting next to mine . . . he has an older 883, kind of dirty, but what the heck he bought it to ride it, so that's cool.

Anyway, I saw him out there and he asked me what kind of bike mine was . . . when I told him it was a VTX1800 he kind of sneered that it was a jap bike and not a Harley. I told him it was bigger, faster, and better looking than Tom's 883, and it was liquid cooled so I didn't overheat sitting at a red light.
He kind of laughed and said, yeah, but it's not a Harley . . . oh well, some people are just all about the name!

#32 ·
LOL...I hear ya.

When I was there in Memphis, the four guys I would ride with to Side Car for bike night all rode Harleys. Battoo knows them. One of them saw my small VTX patch on the front of my vest...and ask me how I spelled V-T-X...I quickly replied....F-A-S-T! LOL

That was the last Honda joke....LOL

#33 ·
LOL . . . it's all good . . . I'm not hung up on Honda, either. I LOVE my 1800, no doubt about it, but I'll buy any bike if it rides great and does what I need.
Like most have stated, I'll buy an HD every day and twice on Sunday if I can afford it . . . I just can't afford it right now! :mrgreen:

If I find the M109 is everything I want and more, and the price is right, look for me to be riding a Suzuki sometime in the future!! :thumbup:

#34 ·
HD . . . where? Hehe
There was a guy at the lodge last night looking at my bike and a brother's bike sitting next to mine . . . he has an older 883, kind of dirty, but what the heck he bought it to ride it, so that's cool.

Anyway, I saw him out there and he asked me what kind of bike mine was . . . when I told him it was a VTX1800 he kind of sneered that it was a jap bike and not a Harley. I told him it was bigger, faster, and better looking than Tom's 883, and it was liquid cooled so I didn't overheat sitting at a red light.
He kind of laughed and said, yeah, but it's not a Harley . . . oh well, some people are just all about the name!
Next time tell them that JAP bike will drag his harley sideways faster than it will run. Let's hook'em up!!!

#35 ·
It wasn't his bike . . . Tom has never said anything about my bike, he knows better!! :mrgreen:

#38 ·
:evil:When someone pops off about a JAP bike, I ask them what they ride. NOt what they used to ride but what they currently ride. If they say they dont have a bike, I tell them to Shut The $@#% up!!!!!

#39 ·
Race night, now that sounds like fun!!! :thumbup:

I can always strip Halle down, get my Darksider back on, and see what she can do!!!

#40 ·
Hehe, for anyone else, Matt, I'm hearing ya.' Go to hades with yer dumb-A$$ if you don't ride, or have never ridden . . . but this was a brother Mason, and I'm not a hypocrite!! :mrgreen:

#41 ·
Less i have been wanting to do that we need to get together for a race nite somewhere I would rather do it on the quarter but the only one is memphis I have raced there a time or two they have a couple rules
That would be fun. I would like to see that too. I'm sure our whole gang will get in on that.

#43 ·
I will do all in my power to Win , Les you guys game for Memphis and the quarter mile I think all we need is shoes over the ankle No sandals Zac long pants and jacket and gloves with a full face helmet , we have not needed kill switch in the past as we are not crotch rockets we can either catch a midnight madness nite on a friday or a TnT on a thursday

#44 ·
KJ, you're too funny . . . feed that fire, baby!! :p

Gene, Les, Zac and Mack . . . let me know if you guys get this set up, I wanna come, even if it's only to watch!! :thumbup:

#46 ·
I cked some dates at memphis TnT is on Thursday nite gates open at 530 pm and testing at 600pm entry is 25.00 to race and 10.00 to spectate
TnT dates are
8/13
8/20
9/3
9/10
street race dates are friday nite from 9:00pm till midnight
8/21
8/28
9/11
Midnight madness is also on friday with the same times as Street race
9/5

#47 ·
Whenever, it does not matter to me. But I am not riggin up a kill switch on my X for the Motorsports park. Hell it only costs $20 to race at byhalia. And we have a chance to win $$$$$$$$ down there. Not just see time slips. I am sure my bagged out S model will be the slowest, but a lil E.T. racin would be fun again.

#48 ·
The last time i went to memphis you did not have to have a kill switch , as for Byhalia , we can go there I have not been in many years I do not think the 1800 will do well on the eighth as it would on the quarter if ya want to do eighth mile i would rather do Holly , as for $$ i stopped racin for that a long time ago I just do it for fun and bragging now

#49 ·
Racin' for the fun of it, heck yeah . . . 'cuz that's what we old guys with our toys like to do!! :thumbup:

What is E.T. Racing?

1800S -vs- 1800T, how's that for a race to see who has the slowest bagger in the group!! hahaha

#50 ·
ET racing is elapsed time , you put a number on your bike or car that you think you can run then line up against another vehicle with a time and they are both put in a computer system which ever vehicle is slower gets the green light first then the other you should all things working should get to the finish line together and the person with the best reaction and best dialed vehicle should win thsi my young one is et racing 101

#51 ·
Much thanks, Obi Wan Battoo of racing!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I knew if anyone knew what the heck that was it would be you.

OK, so it's not so much about who finishes first, but who reacted the best to the light and came the closest to their projected time? Sounds interesting . . . also sounds like you better know your vehicle or you're gonna lose . . . and possibly look really bad doing it. :yikes:

By the way, I got a couple compliments on the debadge job last night at Joe's . . . :mrgreen: Gotta keep the thread semi-close to the OP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.