Honda VTX Forum banner

Performance Honda - Wesley Chapel

815 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Bankshot 
#1 ·
Anyone got the inside scoop... entire staff has changed again, this time the techs were included. Economy is not good for the Powersports folks BUT... just a bit concerned.

I personally always received good service (in the front and from the techs) but am beginning to wonder.... I still have two more prepaid services to get completed.

#3 ·
Spend some money and get some tools. Their is very little you can't find out and get help on right here and do it yourself. Smitt
I know that. The issue is working 75 hours a week and putting on 1200+ miles on the bike. The time isn't there to do the maintenance every 3-4 weeks. I don't have an issue with paying....the issue is one of paying and not getting!

#7 ·
I'm with Iron Mike on this one...

I took one bike in for a carb clean, they charged a "diagnostic fee" to determine that yes it did indeed need a cleaning (well DUH)..

they also did an oil change on it that I did NOT ask for - charged me for both of those (I went back later and got a credit however!)

ALSO, when the battery on my GL1800 died they SOLD me a new one - never mentioned that the GL1800 has a THREE YEAR warranty and they should have replaced it FOR FREE...

so I paid for a battery AND LABOR to install it, when it ALL should have been free!!

What sucks about it is that they STILL would have gotten paid for the replacement - but by Honda not me.

Instead they screwed me over and made a little extra $$ (but lost a customer).

My money now goes to the folks at Motorsports on Florida Ave!! They just replaced my battery BUT FOR FREE!!

Dave

#8 ·
I seem to get lucky...maybe due to the fact that I spent lots there. I know that I get discounts that are not offered to the other customers...many items are less than online prices, by quite a bit.

They just did a repair - starter switch burnt up... not even a question as if the extended warranty would cover it... all done under warranty. Did it take too long...yep. I wasn't happy that it took 3 days to get the part - ordered on Monday and arrived Thursday (they know I do not have a car and had to rent one). But it was fixed as soon as the part arrived...no scheduling issues (at least for me).

They continue to sell me prepaid maintenance. It is not a money making thing when the scheduled maintenance (six) is done in 6 months! They take 50% off the total cost.... they don't lose but they don't make a great deal either. For me, its convenience. I don't have time to do the work and ride 1200+ miles a week for work.

A previous service manager had me so pissed that I was ready to choke the idiot... wrong oil ordered. Human error...yes. Acceptable...NOPE. Was it take care of.... immediately.

In the past, they'd fix things, install parts for me, etc. while they were doing the scheduled maintenance....no cost. Seems techs liked me!

Am I still concerned about their solvency? Yes I am. The prepaid maintenance is quite cost effective as long as the work is done. I don't see anywhere in Florida law where they have to escrow the funds. If they fold, I lose the cash and will be out additional expense.

So far, so good. But not sure I'll pay another prepaid maintenance fee. Too risky based on what I see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.