Honda VTX Forum banner

Presale

4K views 69 replies 23 participants last post by  tubbythetuba 
#1 ·
After much soul searcing I've decided it's time to part with my X. I've done most everything I've wanted to make her what she is, and it's time to move on to another project. I'm not quite decided on what may come next.....most likely a rolling chassis that I can build out as I go...who knows...

I'm putting her up here as a presale to you X lovers and friends. She won't be available until after Oyster Run where she will wear a "For Sale" sign unless someone steps up before hand. Either way, I'm riding her to Oyster Run.

The details. I purchased her used a bit over 4 years ago as a pretty much bone stock "C" model. First to come was a custom paint job in the original chromium blue with the addition of red pearl ghost flames on the tank and rear fender. I then added Kury Halogen bullets to replace the OEM turn signals, 11" progressive rear shocks (stock is 12.25"), and chrome side covers. Later mods include the pair valve removal, a 6 degree triple tree, rear fender mod to accomadate a 200mm tire including removing all the stock rear light and license holder, with the addition of a custom laydown license frame with a led license frame. Additionally added a Custom Dynamics Led Combination Stop-Tail-Turn Signal system on the back fender. Air box mods yet still using the OEM computer system with a "Boatbuilder" exhaust mod giving her a very cool exhaust sound yet still getting 44MPG 2 up and nobody can pass you. Comes with stock seat with 2 piece disconnect with a Rivco rack, along with a Raven Ultimate one piece set as well. I've recently updated her with a set of Barrons bars that have a bit more pull back that is just simply perfect. Last year I also added a Nat'l Cycle quick disconnect back rest, which also accomodated a big "T" bag. Whew....I'm sure I'm forgetting lots, but that's the gist of her.

Bottom line is she's fast, sexy, and needs to go to someone who's lusting after a sexy ass street fighter.

Let's try $7500 as I've got way more than that invested, not including my time.

See less See more
#27 ·
You are sad.
Just because you ride on 2 wheels doenst mean i have to like you.
Dont call names.
nobody said anything about "like or dislike"
how about a little courtesy, and not flying off the handle at a question.
clearly, i don't know what you were/are talking about, which is why i asked.
duh.
no reason to have a snotty reply

and name calling is for little kids, hence my previous reference,
which wasn't name-calling at all, just a unique observation.

now, about un-hijacking the thread as previously mentioned....

bob,
how's it going on the sale?

#28 ·
nobody said anything about "like or dislike"
how about a little courtesy, and not flying off the handle at a question.
clearly, i don't know what you were/are talking about, which is why i asked.
duh.
no reason to have a snotty reply

and name calling is for little kids, hence my previous reference,
which wasn't name-calling at all, just a unique observation.

now, about un-hijacking the thread as previously mentioned....

bob,
how's it going on the sale?
Well looking back at it, ya i could been nicer but i wasnt. It is what is.
Again congrats you called someone a girl on the internet, tough guy.

Bob you may want to put that on the OR board you never know who might be looking for a bike. If it lingers to long i would also use Craigslist, and use the Portland CL to expand your possible buying audience.

#29 ·
Sorry to hear this, Bob. She's a nice-looking ride. Of course she's not as fast or as sleek or as good-looking as my Raider, but nice just the same.

I miss my sailboat. Maybe time to look for another come next spring. Maybe v-twin power - LOL!

Well, at least you have a couple of other bikes to work with. I went for nearly 15 years without riding. I hated myself for that and enjoy every day that I can ride to and from work and squeeze in some extra miles in between. Whatever you do, keep a ride handy. I guarantee you'll hate it if you don't.

Gotta have wind in your face one way or the other.

Sailboats work, too! :)

#32 ·
Sorry to hear this, Bob. She's a nice-looking ride. Of course she's not as fast or as sleek or as good-looking as my Raider, but nice just the same.

I miss my sailboat. Maybe time to look for another come next spring. Maybe v-twin power - LOL!

Well, at least you have a couple of other bikes to work with. I went for nearly 15 years without riding. I hated myself for that and enjoy every day that I can ride to and from work and squeeze in some extra miles in between. Whatever you do, keep a ride handy. I guarantee you'll hate it if you don't.

Bob can get wind in his face anytime he wants with out the X. :shock: you say.......

All Bob has to do is take his house for a spin to get wind.......:mrgreen:

#33 ·

I'll run my X against your Raider anyday....as you may well remember I rode a Raider down in California a couple of years back. I loved it...great ride.

It's just time to get something else. I'm bored with it...

#34 ·
Sent you a PM, Bob. ;)

#35 ·
Not yet...step on up there Nate...she'd make a fine addition to your stable and give you a bit of experience "old school"...
would love to,
but gotta pay for that shiny new ball-n-chain that i'm gettin' next week.
b-sides, she would probably enjoy a more subdued experience, and your ride is the opposite direction.
my 1300 gives plenty of "umph" enough for us.

just enjoying the window shopping while it lasts.

#37 ·
Bob...

I don't want to discourage you but............

In the spring of last year, I put my 1800R (12,500 miles) on the market for $8000. I thought it was a "fair" price with some room for negotiations. But due to the economic situation at that time, I got NO INTEREST !!!! So, this spring I tried again with a much lower asking price ($6250) and had a couple people make some "Insulting" low ball offers that I didn't even respond to. What was more insulting was that they sent emails offering 50 & 60 percent less.............without even wanting to look at the bike!!!

I did finally sell my 1800 for just a tad under my original asking price and I felt lucky about that!!!! But since people aren't spending money like they used to, I hate to tell you that you might have to lower your asking price some to get some interest.

Wish you the best of luck and hope that it won't take nearly as long for you to sell your bike. Good Luck and enjoy your Future Ride........

Rob

#38 ·
I've been in the same boat.

I'm not desperate to sell but have asked a reasonable price that I thought would spark some interest. The VTX (used) line has taken a beating on the used KBB & NADA prices points. I almost traded mine in for a M109 LE but changed my mine when I saw the dealers offer for my trade.

The way that mine is set-up probably limitd my buying audience but that's ok. Someone could always put it back to stock and sell the other parts.

Hang in there Bob you've got a quality bike that will sell.

I've still got mine and refuse to give it away.:thumbup:

#39 ·

aint seen your post here in a while ! hope you are ok and P/B i hope that sale goes well for you and good luck on that 1100 ! I see them on CL all the time worth the money i just dont know how avail the parts are!

#40 ·
Hey Bob, I'm hoping you come to your senses and Keep your X. Sell the wing!!!! :lol: Likely worth more in a box anyway. :popcorn: :popcorn:

See ya at the shop.

Wait for it, wait for it!! :rolleyes:

#41 ·
Hey Bob, I'm hoping you come to your senses and Keep your X. Sell the wing!!!! :lol: Likely worth more in a box anyway. :popcorn: :popcorn:

See ya at the shop.

Wait for it, wait for it!! :rolleyes:
I should have you guys put her up for auction with the success y'all had! Good for you guys!

#42 ·
I understand that I may be over reaching on the price I'm asking, especially in these hard times. Add to that the fact she's done different than the average and will appeal to a smaller audience as well.

I've not advertised her anywhere but here as yet, as I will ride her to Oyster Run and hang a sign on her there. We'll see what happens. I could also put her back to stock (sorta) and pedal all the extras seperately.

Either way, she'll sell or she won't. Next spring could see me eating crow and hanging a shield and bags and light bars and......oh dear I"m starting to feel a bit faint.....

#44 ·
I understand that I may be over reaching on the price I'm asking, especially in these hard times. Add to that the fact she's done different than the average and will appeal to a smaller audience as well.

I've not advertised her anywhere but here as yet, as I will ride her to Oyster Run and hang a sign on her there. We'll see what happens. I could also put her back to stock (sorta) and pedal all the extras seperately.

Either way, she'll sell or she won't. Next spring could see me eating crow and hanging a shield and bags and light bars and......oh dear I"m starting to feel a bit faint.....
Once you bite the bullet and set it up as a true touring bike you will wonder what took you so long. You may look "cooler" running down the road right now. But you will be so much more comfortable in a proper setup you won't care about the "cool" factor.

#46 ·
Once you bite the bullet and set it up as a true touring bike you will wonder what took you so long. You may look "cooler" running down the road right now. But you will be so much more comfortable in a proper setup you won't care about the "cool" factor.
Except it will look like crap...which is exactly why that won't happen and she's for sale.

I'm kinda leaning towards a Kawasaki Concours.

#47 ·
Except it will look like crap...which is exactly why that won't happen and she's for sale.

I'm kinda leaning towards a Kawasaki Concours.
Steve and I test rode a Concours 2 years ago .. .. ..

Got-dam awesome bike, handled great, faster then a speeding VTX and stopped better then most bikes I've rode !

(Old Joke) .. .. .. but, it did have a windshield !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.