Glens Garage A/F Adjuster
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glens Garage A/F Adjuster

Default Glens Garage A/F Adjuster

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about ordering the A/F adjuster from Glens Garage and wanted to know, 1) Feedback on the product 2) Don't remember if I have the stock A/F screw because I've jetted the carb. didn't know if the standard jet kit would have a different screw.

If you guys can answer the question and give feedback, it would save me a lot of time. Thanks

Ahh, He's just mad that my bike is better than his.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I have stock jet and use the a/f permanent and i like it

I have the non-permanent tool. Works great. I used the "adjust while running" method and have not needed to readjust .... but it's only been two months. Whichever tool you choose .... Glen makes good stuff. Just got my clutch relief in the mail today. Looks great and I'll put it on tomorrow.

I install my clutch relief two week ago it make a big difference hope you buy the rivet tool

Quote Originally Posted by Xman/qc View Post
    I install my clutch relief two week ago it make a big difference hope you buy the rivet tool
    Yes I got the tool kit on the exchange/return program.

Thanks a lot for the advise guys. I went ahead and ordered the tool. The perm. mount worried me a little. I was concerened that it would be to easy for vibrations, other idiots, or myself to screw with too much and mess it all up.

You'll be happy with the tool, pretty easy to make adjustments on the fly. I was riding around and pulling over to make adjustments

And yes that CPR makes riding around town much more enjoyable. His claim of 50% reduction in tension is conservative imo. I cant believe how much smoother and easier it is to engage the clutch!!
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic16109_4.gif

Default Glen's VTX Garage A/F Screw

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy1977 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about ordering the A/F adjuster from Glens Garage and wanted to know, 1) Feedback on the product 2) Don't remember if I have the stock A/F screw because I've jetted the carb. didn't know if the standard jet kit would have a different screw.

If you guys can answer the question and give feedback, it would save me a lot of time. Thanks
    Hey Scrappy, RayB21 here. Glen's A/F adjuster screw you are talking about is a great product. I ordered one and it came with a brass tool to remove the old A/f screw. This tool works great and made removing the old screw a piece of cake. I used a flexible extension with the brass tool attached and had the old screw out in no time. Assembled the new A/F screw, washer and rubber o-ring, and screwed it in until just seated then backed it out 2 and 1/2 turns. Bike started right up. I highly recommend this to all you VTX owners. Thanks Glen for another great product...Ray..RayB21.

I don't think any of the jet kits replace the a/f screw.

And yes, good choice, Glens a/f tool works freakin awesome!!
    Dave

2008 HD Street Glide
    "Who is more irrational? A man who believes in a God he doesn't see, or a man who's offended by a God he doesn't believe in?" Brad Stine

+1. Made adjusting a breeze instead of the royal PIA that it was before.
    best $30 you'll spend. Glen's a good honest guy on top of it.
    Paul
    '07 1300R, Titanium, Bub's, QQ hard bags & other misc stuff, BadX seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Xman/qc View Post
    I have stock jet and use the a/f permanent and i like it
    Glad to hear about the perm mount a/f screw.

Glens VTX Garage Blinker Bar (driving lights not included)

You guys have me really excited about getting this product. Glen, if you are reading this STEP IT UP!! I can't wait to get my X just perfect. It's always such a pain to take everything apart, adjust it, let it warm up to test it, then let it cool back down before adjusting it again, and repeat it all over again. Thanks again for all the advice.

Wow, that was fast. Got the tool, but now am having a problem. I am unable to access the screw because of the angle and because there is a hose coming rom the air box that is too close to the screw to give me access. What am I doing wrong?

It's a tight fit but keep at it. It gets in there. On second thought, I did the PAIR mod before I adjusted the A/F.

What tool you have

I have the "glens garage" adjustment tool. not the perm. mount but the individual tool

I also bought the tool, but had problems adjusting, so I got one of the first permanent A/F adjusting screw and am totally pleased with it , very easy to install and can fine tune anywhere, no problems with it adjusting from vibration. Unless someone knows what to look for they will not adjust without your knowledge. I recommend this to anyone over the tool. Breat product Glen!!

Fat fingers and poor eyesight I meant great product not Breat product.

Wow, that was fast. Got the tool, but now am having a problem. I am unable to access the screw because of the angle and because there is a hose coming rom the air box that is too close to the screw to give me access. What am I doing wrong?
    Thats why i buy the perm.

Thumbs up Glen's A/F perm mount tool

I just installed mine along with Glen's clutch extention. Two great products! I can't image attempting to adjust the A/F any other way that with a permanent mounted tool. Even if you bought the tool needed to adjust the screw, how in the ---- would you get to the screw.. No thanks, Glen's pemanent flex shaft tool is the way to go.

Glen permanent A/F screw is a no brainer. I love mine. The only problem I have had with mine is when I installed it and made the initial adjustment, I haven't needed to touch it since.
    2007 1300R Mid-South X-Riders #11

I have the perm A/F screw also and yes it is a no brainer. Pull the hose back to the left side of bike and after install replace it.
    I have not touched mine since initial adjustment either. Glens CTR and Leatherlyke products are first rate also. You cant go wrong.
    2008 GL 1800, 2005 VTX 1300R

The perm mount a/f screw is now in stock. I will update my web site soon.

Glens VTX Garage Blinker Bar (driving lights not included)

I have the not permanent adjusting tool, it fits on the nipple on the carb where the screw is pretty tight, I adjusted my carb, went to test ride it at night, came home after about a 20 minute ride and was going to adjust a little more, I couldn't find the tool anywhere and lo and behold, i left it on the bike and it stayed there, great fit.... like it was made for it.
    How does it profit a man to gain the world, but forfeit his soul?

I have the a/f adjuster and the clutch relief pull on my bike too~~LOVE THEM!! Made a big difference!!
    Life is a Highway~~SO RIDE

thread is from 09'...
    SABO

Glen, Your the man! I got your tool in the mail about 15 minutes ago and the VTX is purring like a tiger now! My adjustment screw was only out 1 turn from stop. No wonder it was running ruff and had to use the choke all the time while running. I have it set Two and a Half out now and it's running great with no ckoke at all. I'm going to run it like this for a couple days then maybe take it in a Quarter turn to see the effect. Thanks for the great super fast shipping and I'll probably be getting you turn signal alarm very soon. Thanks again, Dave H.

I orderd mine a few days a go.. paitently waiting.

Hey Guys,

Honestly.

When I fist thought about it I was like dang $40 seems a bit high. Bit I bought one anyway.
    And IMO that was the best $40 I've spent so far.

See I just got my vtx two weeks ago. Carbs needed cleaned and jetted I'm not new to tuning carbs just new to the vtx. Well I set the AF at 2.5 turns out and first tide I was damn that's some serious lag. But lucky for me all I did at the next light was close it half a turn. Didn't have to worry about pulling tank back off etc. plus if I go to higher elevations I can adjust it on the fly.

Two thumbs up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mtsabo View Post
    thread is from 09'...
    That doesn't really matter here on this type of subject because there are newbies searching for info and help and we are here to help.
    The a/f adjuster should have been on the bikes from the factory. The a/f adjuster just makes it soooooo much easier.

Doug
    Last edited by Donut; 06-25-2013 at 12:25 AM.
    Donut Doug

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.