Finally
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally

Default Finally

The kids are out of college. Time for dear old dad to have some fun. Got an 03-C 1800 and love it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Default Welcome

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new scooter.

Where are you located?

Ride safe...ride often

Thumbs down

Beulah. funny how my HD riders no longer have much to do with me.

Default bike

congrats on the bike, same thing that I have. They won't have much to do with you because you can now kick their arse!!!!!! I ride with a bunch of HD people around Fargo here, good folks and every so often one gets the bright idea that they want to race. It's funny though, because my wife rides with me and even 2 up, we have yet to get beat. I am sure we will some day but for right now it is lots of fun. Anyway, congratulations, have fun it is an awesome bike.
    03 VTX 1800C

Default Which exhaust??

want to put on different exhaust. What do you guys like the best and why?? Thanks in advance

Default exhaust

Really depends upon whether you want to rattle the windows or not. I have cobra speedster longs, first without any baffles and now with cobra's stock baffles. Without any baffle they are obnoxiously loud, kinda cool, but got old for me. My wife would complain about the echo in her helmet. Tried the quiet baffles from cobra and I thought that they were too quiet, plus affected my performance. Have now put in the stock baffle which should have came with mine, but the previous owner didn't have them and I really like it, still loud, but the pitch is lower and more importantly my rider doesn't complain about the pipes giving her headaches. I really like the looks of the cobra's, but again I think that your first decision should be how much volume you want.
    03 VTX 1800C

Someone out of Minot has some HardKrome pipes for an 1800 on bismanonline.com for $300 OBO, I think they are just over $600 new. They look to be in pretty good shape.

In the search just type in VTX.

I have Hardkrome 2.5" American Classic Straights and really like the sound of them. Toyed with the idea of going to Sideburners, but I think I would really pi** my neighbors off, I have to take it easy the way it is when I leave or come home.

2003 1800C W/ Ultimate Bigboy 2pc, HK 2.5 ACS's, Memphis Shades, Progressive springs, PCIII w/custom map, Honda backrest and saddlebags, Kury highway pegs, Isogrips, clear signal covers, billet engraved reservoir covers, 1300 final drive, Metzeler ME880's. 2006 1300C W/ HK K2's, forward controls, 200 Avon Venom, Mustang 2pc., lottsa chrome.

http://www.bismanonline.com/getListi...=&p=1&a=379218

There's a link for the ones on Bismanonline...

2003 1800C W/ Ultimate Bigboy 2pc, HK 2.5 ACS's, Memphis Shades, Progressive springs, PCIII w/custom map, Honda backrest and saddlebags, Kury highway pegs, Isogrips, clear signal covers, billet engraved reservoir covers, 1300 final drive, Metzeler ME880's. 2006 1300C W/ HK K2's, forward controls, 200 Avon Venom, Mustang 2pc., lottsa chrome.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.