Honda VTX Forum banner

bike clock question?

2K views 28 replies 24 participants last post by  mike1958 
#1 ·
can anyone think of a good reason that this clock wont work on a 2005 vtx 1300R?? its made by Trek and is really for a bicycle. it installs with no tools and looks to be a rubber base, which shouldn't scratch handlebars. other clocks i have seen have a screw that holds them on and the clock base itself and the screw seem like they would damage the handlebar. also i am not sure what size band would work, they come in 2 sizes (22.2-25.4mm and 31.8mm), i think the handlebars are 1 inch right? thoughts? feelings? advise? thanks a lot.

http://store.trekbikes.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1822&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=1822&path=1,2,4,366,370

#2 ·
Only problem I can see is that it's a digital readout and may be a little harder to read than an analog clock. I think if you look around, you can find an analog for motorcycles for not much more money.

#3 ·
Only problem I can see is that it's a digital readout and may be a little harder to read than an analog clock. I think if you look around, you can find an analog for motorcycles for not much more money.
i wondered that to, whether the digital time might be hard to see, doesnt say if its backlit, i doubt it. here is the analog version. all the other motorcycle clocks i have seen appear that they will damage the handlebar with the hard base and screw?

http://store.trekbikes.com/jump.jsp...CT&RS=1&keyword=watch&bShopOnline=1&CatID=370

#4 ·
#6 ·
Do a search for the clock mod, you can buy a clock that you can then mount in your speedo housing where the honda emblem is but this requires a hole saw :mrgreen: but it does look good...... I dont worry too much about the bars getting scratched I mounted a kury . good luck

#8 ·
Don't waste your time and money with some trinket... click here----> http://www.clocks4bikes.com/index.html

check out their warranty & don't worry about some little screw that holds it on... a stone or rock hitting your bars at 80mph will do more damage then that little screw... plus once your clock is on... are you ever gonna take it off? :dontknow:

OR ... do like Phil says and do the clock mod on the dash... that looks great too.

Good luck with whichever way you go :thumbup:

#10 ·
Don't waste your time and money with some trinket... click here----> http://www.clocks4bikes.com/index.html

check out their warranty & don't worry about some little screw that holds it on... a stone or rock hitting your bars at 80mph will do more damage then that little screw... plus once your clock is on... are you ever gonna take it off? :dontknow:

OR ... do like Phil says and do the clock mod on the dash... that looks great too.

Good luck with whichever way you go :thumbup:
+1, top notch product..., and the owners even sent me a hand writing thank you for you bussiness card with it... who does that these days...

#14 ·
can anyone think of a good reason that this clock wont work on a 2005 vtx 1300R?? its made by Trek and is really for a bicycle. it installs with no tools and looks to be a rubber base, which shouldn't scratch handlebars. other clocks i have seen have a screw that holds them on and the clock base itself and the screw seem like they would damage the handlebar. also i am not sure what size band would work, they come in 2 sizes (22.2-25.4mm and 31.8mm), i think the handlebars are 1 inch right? thoughts? feelings? advise? thanks a lot.

http://store.trekbikes.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1822&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=1822&path=1%2C2%2C4%2C366%2C370

Wildcat,

I went to Walmart, bought myself the biggest faced, easiest to read, analog watch they sold for $10.00, took the wrist band off, ground down the wrist band spring pin forks, velcroed the watch to a narrow angle, drilled 2 holes in the other angle leg & cable tied it to my handlebar. Now I have an inexpensive, easy to read at a glance, large faced clock for my bike. Looks good too. I get lots of compliments on it too. No scratches or damage to my bars either.

Nick:tools:

#15 ·
Another vote for Clocks 4 Bikes. That little set screw aint gonna hurt your bars. Even if it does leave a mark you won't see it because it is lower than where you can see. Quality product and second to none people and service. Three year warranty "even if you lose it." :thumbup:

#16 ·
Just to point out the obvious ... can't do the dash clock mod if you have X-Hinge for gas cap.... I know... duh ... but you never know... :D

#19 ·
I took by black wrist band watch and put it around the front brake master fluid. not very fancy but it works well.

#20 ·
Clocks4bikes

#21 ·
I too echo clocks4bikes

I actually took delivery of mine today and had a mishap during the install. I ruined the ring and the rubber bushing. I sent clock4bikes an email wanting to purchase a new ring and rubber gasket and he called me within an hour and said he was replacing both for free. I offered to pay since it was my mistake and he said no charge.

So clocks4bikes deserve the customer service award of the year.

#23 ·
Velcro ~~ the miracle fabric

I did the same thing ~~~ bought an easy to read cheap watch at Walmart, took the strap off, then velcroed it on where I wanted it. If it breaks, gets wet, whatever, get another one!

#24 ·
Clock

I zip tied a Timex with Indiglo on my tool pouch. It's waterproof and has a handy button on the face that lights up the face for night viewing. You can buy a real nice sports watch for way less than one made specifically for motorcycles. This was about $208)

#25 ·
I zip tied a Timex with Indiglo on my tool pouch. It's waterproof and has a handy button on the face that lights up the face for night viewing. You can buy a real nice sports watch for way less than one made specifically for motorcycles. This was about $208)
Too funny. That's what I did last year on the big trip. Except I wrapped mine around the master cylinder. The 'Iron Man' velco strap fit perfectly.

#26 ·
Clocks4Bikes

Another vote for Clocks 4 Bikes. That little set screw aint gonna hurt your bars. Even if it does leave a mark you won't see it because it is lower than where you can see. Quality product and second to none people and service. Three year warranty "even if you lose it." :thumbup:
Clocks4Bikes.com is the way to go. Great product and folks to deal with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.