Would U Pay Dues?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

Would U PAY a Membership Fee for the OA

8K views 187 replies 103 participants last post by  1800 spec 3 
#1 ·
OK, I have been or am on quite a few different boards, from 4x4, bikes, home theater, ect.. And was wondering if U would PAY a membership fee or "Club Dues"??

So My questions is, if there was a site U were interested in joining and they charge say $15.00 bucks to join and use this site, would U pay? One site I am on now will let U post and read a few sections, BUT for the most part, in order to really use the site and enjoy, U would need to pay dues. And Yes, every year.. Like a Club.

And let me Clarify, this has nothing to do with the Message Board (VTXOA) that this is posted on.

#28 ·
Even though I am new here - I see no reason not to - it's worth it for the knowledge and friends on here.

#29 ·
..most boards that have paying, advertising sponsers don't charge the members..most boards that charge the members don't allow sponsors to advertise their stuff..

The one board i am on does have a Vender section and the Venders are also allowed to put their name and Link to their site in their posts.

And they charge, get this! $58.00 bucks for Venders!

#31 ·
No I wouldn't pay because Nothing Is Going On Here Anymore which is why I went to the VTXCAFE.COM!!!

They have Rides and I just got back from one and I haven't seen any rides posted here in Georgia lately so I guess everyone died or lost their job or went somewhere else!!!
Ride safe brother. :dontknow:

#34 ·
I voted yes because there is a wealth of knowledge here. I have definitely saved a bunch of money simply through tips and tricks learned from all. I have yet to really buy anything for my X other than tires-which I bought from my local stealer, but I'm sure Hal will get into my pocket over the next few years! :D

#35 ·
What a dangerous precedent to set.
Would you be willing to pay Google for every search you do?
Would you be willing to pay Facebook for access?
Would you be willing to pay YouTube for access and a royalty for every YouTube link you post elsewhere? ( this would bankrupt one member I know )
I agree completely!

#39 ·
No I wouldn't pay because Nothing Is Going On Here Anymore which is why I went to the VTXCAFE.COM!!!

They have Rides and I just got back from one and I haven't seen any rides posted here in Georgia lately so I guess everyone died or lost their job or went somewhere else!!!
Wow...I would've figured with 3100+ posts you would've gotten something from over here. I sure hope all your posts weren't like the one above.

I just got back from this ride today: http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263725

We also have the Coloradical, the East Coast Gathering and the Texas Bluebonnet Rally where anyone can attend...the person doesn't even have to own and/or ride a bike. nojoke

I'd pay the $15 just to keep my username! :mrgreen:

#41 ·

Sorry this is not the breast feeding forum. You're on your own with that best of luck. :thumbup:

#44 ·
Dumbest idea I ever heard. If your crazy enough to pay a fee to join some other forum, that's on you. But why in hell would you bring it up on a forum that doesn't charge? Makes no damn sense to me. Did you like wake up this morning and have an epiphany and think ... " oh gee Hal, I pay the other sites why don't you charge me to! "

WTF are you thinking ?????? nojoke

#45 ·
I voted No. It might be different if it had started out as a pay to play, but it didn't.

Over the years I've tried to show my appreciation by buying things from our Host and will continue to do so. Just my opinion but I think that should be enough. And that's probably the business model that DLP had in mind and used to put this whole thing together by anyway.

I'm wondering what you bringing this up is actually going to accomplish Kevin, other than causing friction.

#46 ·
+1 I already said this in another thread kinda >>>>>>>> http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271178

Dumbest idea I ever heard. If your crazy enough to pay a fee to join some other forum, that's on you. But why in hell would you bring it up on a forum that doesn't charge? Makes no damn sense to me. Did you like wake up this morning and have an epiphany and think ... " oh gee Hal, I pay the other sites why don't you charge me to! "

WTF are you thinking ?????? nojoke

#48 ·
I'm not sure I understand :dontknow:

You do know that vendors like Spike already pay a monthly fee for their banner. I don't advertise that I do maintenance anymore since it doesn't bring me any business and I can't justify the cost they wanted for the banner. If someone on Washington needs maintenance the fine folks there point them to me. I think the whole pay to play thing is fine if you don't have vendors or aren't a vendor site to begin with. I spend prolly a couple of thousand a year buying parts from Hal for mine and customer bikes. I refer almost everyone to DLP/HOP also since their prices are the lowest around most of the time. I don't think we should pay a fee on top of that. Just sayin :doorag:

Can I offer any of you a FFFS? (Free Fueking food stamps)!!!!
Don't be a chump, this site/board has got to live on in the name of us, the posters...
I vote for vendors to pay the same and compete for our business with other vendors!
No more he's my bud bullchit & you can't sell that around here bullcrap!
nojoke

#51 ·
The money saving tips that I have learned from this site are well worth $15.00. However, had the board been a pay site when I joined, I would not have joined and would not have learned the money saving tips. Now that I have learned so many tips already for FREE, I do not believe that I would pay to be a member in the future. BUT then again, there are so many azzhats, smartazzes, dumbazzes, idiots, jackasses, intelligent, kind, caring and knowledgeable folks on this board that $15/year for this type of entertainment is quite the bargain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.