Honda VTX Forum banner

HELP!! No Eletrical at all

753 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  vtxrosa 
#1 ·
Went to leave work today, turned the key lost all electrical power. Everything is dead. All fuses good & battery terminals tight. 12+ volts on the battery and into the main fuse. Cable comming off main fuse hase no power but i am not sure what the main (30a) is into and if it could be bad. Anyone with some quice help so I can get home? I am doing searches for other ideas as well.

#2 ·
If you have voltage going into the fuse and nothing coming out then the fuse is blown. Something in the system drew too much current through it and blew it. If you get a fuse, make sure you get a couple in case it blows again. Before replacing the fuse, check for any wires/cables that may be rubbed through and grounding out.

Off your starter relay switch:
Red/White= rectifier +
Red= ignition switch +
Green/Red= starting relay +
(30amp fuse protects these circuits)

Yellow/Red= starting relay trigger

#3 ·
The 30amp main fuse protects the regulator/rectifier. If you have power on the battery cable side of the main fuse and no power on the other side. You might have a ignition switch dirty or bad. If you unscrew the right side handlebar switch assembly spray some electrical cleaner in it.
You have no lights, horn, dash etc. ?

#7 ·
Fuse is not problem. Replaced and still nothing; dash, lights, horn, nothing.
Powew from battery to rectifier, but nothing other side.
If you have power from the battery to the rectifier then the fuse is good. Now I'm confused since you said you had no power from the fuse:dontknow:. Check to make sure you have power to/from the ignition switch.

Red= +
Red/Black= Ignition +
Blue/Orange= Fan +

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.