Honda VTX Forum banner

Why???

2K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  Boatdoctor 
#1 ·
There is one thing that is a real pain some times on this board. That one thing seems to be, if someone ask any simple question about power, speed, rpm's, tires, etc.,etc. the stock answer is " Why do you want to do that when you could do this". The one that seems most irritating is the one like this," why don't you just get a 1800 and solve all your issues??". It is not only irritating to get a response like that but it contributes absolutely nothing to the problem. Just BS and smoke, who cares. In the wind.

Pops

#4 ·
I get your point. You have to understand that a lot of owners ask questions like, what's the best oil, tire, battery, seat, sissy bar, etc. You're going to get a lot of different responses. Even stuff like sqeaks, rattles, clunks will get many different responses. People will tell you only what they have expereince with and they believe what works for them will work for everyone, and then get upset if anyone disagrees with them. But, a response like, just get an 1800 is inappropriate. Especially since the 1800s have a crap load of problems of their own.

#5 ·
The answer boils down to getting an 1800 because the 1300 will not put down the same numbers no matter what you do. Aftermarket performance kits just don't exhist for the 1300, unless you count the high compression kit which doesn't give impressive results for the coin. If you want a 1300 to perform like an 1800 then you need to either design and produce the parts yourself, or trade it in for something with more power.

No one is trying to be annoying or rude, you simply bought the wrong bike. Making power is fun, but it's just not going to happen with the 1300.

#6 ·
Yes I have noticed that if you say something like "What can I do to make the gearing on my x higher?" Lots of people, instead of attempting to answer the question will say something like...." Why would you want to do that? The x is fine the way it is... you just need to forget about it".... All that may be true but what is the point of ignoring a question and trying to argue that they don't need to know? Or once I asked at what rpms would you want to cruise at and several people said " why do you want to know that... there is no need to know that" maybye not but I just wanted to know... It seems that some people... if they don't know the answer to your question... will just chide you for asking the question.... None of this makes me the least bit mad... I just think it is really funny.... it shows you a lot about human psychology.

#9 ·
No one is trying to be annoying or rude, you simply bought the wrong bike. 1300.
Not necessarily the wrong bike. You're just trying to make it do something it wasn't really designed to do. The 1300 wasn't designed to be a speed demon. It was designed to compete and be like the HD's, to lope along down the highway.

I had a 650 Cruiser that would run circles around the 1300. But it just wasn't as comfortable loping down the highway as the 1300. As a matter of fact I regret getting rid of the 650 I had. That thing was/is the best handling cruiser in the twisties that I've ever ridden.

Here's a shot of it. :mrgreen:

#10 ·
Keep in mind

I understand the frustration at not simply getting the information you ask for, however keep in mind that many who post to an OP's thread are not only directing the response to the OP, but often to the general reader who may be having a similar problem.

As for your comment;
It is not only irritating to get a response like that but it contributes absolutely nothing to the problem
You may think the response doesn't solve your problem, but someone else might see the response as a perfect solution to the same problem, only with their bike.

My best advise is to use the search function before just posting a question. Chances are your question and multiple answers have already been posted. :thumbup:

After all, they began making the VTX more than just a few years ago :D and this site has been here awhile. ;)

The posts I feel most badly about are the ones where a question is asked and the OP gets no response! :shock: :banghead:

#12 ·
i don't want to gear mine up because I want to go fast... but because I just like going 75 at fairly low rpms. And if the vtx is supposed to be like harley.... then why not have a 6th gear like most harleys? Anyway... I love my x .... my complaints about it are very minimal and it's warts are very minor. It is a great bike.

#15 ·
Some people are weird. As my dad used to say "it's hard to be as cool as we are".:thumbup:

#16 ·
Lunk - what is that?
It's a Hyosung GV650. Basically a cruiser with a sportbike motor. I used have people ask me how I liked my Harley V-Rod. I would just smile and explain to them that it's not a V-Rod.

#18 ·

My best advise is to use the search function before just posting a question. Chances are your question and multiple answers have already been posted. :thumbup:
'nuff said...
As a newbie myself, unless some one can give me tips the search function is way to broad. It picks up the key words whether relevant or not. I looked in the help and couldn't find a way to get the search more specific.

I find it is easier to google my exact question and the results will be directed by to specific posts either here or at the other X board.

#19 ·
And the ones been smart azz's have 999,999 post and only 3,212 miles on an 02 !:yikes: Ride on or Like a few here post on !!!!!!!!:popcorn:

#22 ·
Go ahead and Google!

As a newbie myself, unless some one can give me tips the search function is way to broad. It picks up the key words whether relevant or not. I looked in the help and couldn't find a way to get the search more specific.

I find it is easier to google my exact question and the results will be directed by to specific posts either here or at the other X board.
:agree: sometimes Google works faster/better than the VTXOA search, and Google will often find/show matches from VTXOA :shock: so why not try it?

I not only recommend people use a search first because the VTXOA members have to keep answering the same questions over, but also because the person looking for advice will get the most complete answers/info that way. :thumbup:

#24 ·
You say why. . . most others say why not?

There comes a point when you can chose to NOT click open the thread that you've already seen 50 times before. What's new for some isn't really new for all.

As far as use the search? Sometimes searches help. . sometimes they don't if someone uses the search and doesn't come up with anything that helps them I got no issue with people posting a new thread. . . sure sometimes there's some common info that will help with problems and when folks point that out (myself included) that's OK.

If people are being helped, and there are people still willing to help, we'll all be fine.

:lol:

#25 ·
With a name like "Pops" one would think you have been around long enough to realize that any time you ask a open question to an infinite number of people, you are going to get responses that span the spectrum. I dont think I am really laying a profound revelation on you when I say.

You have to weed through the answers to glean the nuggets of gold. Let there be no mistake in comprehension that the "nuggets" are there 99% of the time. The other "fodder" answers, opinions, and suggestions are simply life being life in the cyber society we live in today.

It's still worth it. Aint it?:cool:

#26 ·
No one is trying to be annoying or rude
I disagree... some people post just to be rude and annoying.

But yes, you do have a search function, and yes, you do need to "sift thru the dirt to find the gold."

-Gonz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.