Honda VTX Forum banner

time for road trip!

916 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dgambill 
#1 ·
Okay, it's time to get out again! I'm in NE Arkansas, looking to ride around the mid to end of August. What direction is good this time of year? Don't really want to go to Sturgis (during rally anyway - just too much going on!) but thinking of heading up into Dakotas, Wyoming, Montana? How's the weather in those parts usually turn out in late August? Or maybe to the east cost, through the Carolinas? I like to avoid rain when I can, just cause it's not as much fun. It's been hot, but kinda wet here in Arkansas this year. But then...I got attached to Colorado on my last trip, so I could always go there. So many miles to cover, and so little time to do it!!

Any suggestions?? (I'll have about 9 or 10 days. It will be only my 2nd trip of that length.)

#4 ·
Spent 12 days in Colorado and Utah in June. Loved it. Have you ever been to Yellowstone or Tetons in August or September? Is the weather okay for riding?

#5 ·
Hey donniejoe...2 of us going, if you seriously want to go, let me know.

#7 ·
My sister lives in Cheyenne, she told me to check the weather after September the 5th as thats when snow starts out there....if I can add, try and do a route that takes you to deadwood,spearfish canyon,rushmore,devils tower and of course yellowstone, any combo is a good trip....good luck stay safe.....

#8 ·
TennX - thanks for the snow advisory! That's what i'm needing to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.