Vegas Day Trips?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vegas Day Trips?

Default Vegas Day Trips?

My brother-in-law and myself will be renting some cycles in Vegas in November.... I would like to ride out to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead but not sure if there is any other places outside Vegas that we should go... We will have the bikes for about 6-7 hours so we can't go too far. Any recommended routes some out of towners should take?

Also, we are planning on renting from EagleRider so we can get some Honda's... I'm afraid I don't want to ride on a air cooled Harley in the Vegas heat... Any other suggested rental places we should look at?

We are coming from Minnesota where are currently 35 degrees is the high temp right now. I'm looking forward to some 80 degree temps...

P.S. I will be bringing my GPS so we can make sure we can find our way back.
    '04 VTX 1300C - Pair Valve Mod, Memphis Windshield, Corba Fatties, GPS Mount, River Road Saddlebags, Mean City Seat (dble foam), Sena SMH10 intercom, GoPro with too many accessories...

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
    My brother-in-law and myself will be renting some cycles in Vegas in November.... I would like to ride out to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead but not sure if there is any other places outside Vegas that we should go... We will have the bikes for about 6-7 hours so we can't go too far. Any recommended routes some out of towners should take?

Also, we are planning on renting from EagleRider so we can get some Honda's... I'm afraid I don't want to ride on a air cooled Harley in the Vegas heat... Any other suggested rental places we should look at?

We are coming from Minnesota where are currently 35 degrees is the high temp right now. I'm looking forward to some 80 degree temps...

P.S. I will be bringing my GPS so we can make sure we can find our way back.
    When are you coming to Vegas? If I've missed you, hope you had a great trip.

Otherwise, the ride to Hoover Dam is a favorite of mine. The Lakeshore road is the most scenic route, but requires a national park pass or a $3.00 fee per bike for a 5-day pass. A nice optional side trip on the Lakeshore road is the Vally of Fire state park. Since it is a state park and not a national park, there could be an additional entry fee there (I've not been in that park since getting my VTX,on my to-do list though). A recommendation for breakfast or lunch on this ride would be the Coffee Cup Cafe in Boulder City, a favorite amongst us locals.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of any other help.
    2nd-JOB (a) cox.net

-- Jerry --
    Man walks on two legs, not on four...
    To ride on two wheels just makes sense.

Having rented from Eagle Rider in the past,
    I get emails with specials.
    Here are a couple of the latest ones.
    Maybe they will help you save a few $$.

Have a great ride! The dam is Impressive!
    The new dam bypass bridge will be done soon too.
    It is also quite an engineering feat.

For a limited time, EagleRider is offering HUGE discounts on mid-week motorcycle rentals.
    For ONLY $75 per day, you can rent the Harley-Davidson, Honda or BMW motorcycle of your dreams

http://www.eaglerider.com/Hot-Deals/MidweekSpecial.aspx

Thanksgiving is the time to hop on a hog, cruise out of town and
    enjoy great food, great friends and great motorcycle riding.
    EagleRider has your dream bike ready to get you started on your
    holiday adventure.
    During the month of November, EagleRider is offering a 30% discount
    on the daily rate of motorcycle rentals. That is a SAVINGS of up to
    $45 each day you ride. Choose your favorite Harley-Davidson, Honda,
    or BMW motorcycle and arrive at your Thanksgiving dinner in style!
    Simply click the “Book It” button or call 888-280-7746
    and mention the promo code “HOTTHX” today!

http://www.eaglerider.com/Hot-Deals/...ngSpecial.aspx

If you want total security, go to prison.
    There you`re fed, clothed, given medical care and so on.
    The only thing lacking..... is freedom.

Dwight David Eisenhower

I strive on a daily basis to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Opus9,
    We are actually renting this Saturday (11/14). We will be heading to Hoover Dam and the Valley of Fire. Thank you for the additional leads on the Lakeshore and the cafe. I'm willing to listen to any other suggestions you have, so please send them along...

Terminals,
    Thank you for the coupon. I did find that same coupon on the web before I made my reservation. It saved me $30 some bucks from the weekend rate....
    '04 VTX 1300C - Pair Valve Mod, Memphis Windshield, Corba Fatties, GPS Mount, River Road Saddlebags, Mean City Seat (dble foam), Sena SMH10 intercom, GoPro with too many accessories...

Quote Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
    Opus9,
    We are actually renting this Saturday (11/14). We will be heading to Hoover Dam and the Valley of Fire. Thank you for the additional leads on the Lakeshore and the cafe. I'm willing to listen to any other suggestions you have, so please send them along...
    Here's a list of other favorite Vegas area rides compiled by one of the other members of the Sin City X-Riders.

http://www.sincityxriders.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1929

If you are already in town, the Sin City X-Riders are meeting tonight in Metro Pizza on Tropicana and Maryland Pkwy at 6:30 PM. You would be more than welcome to join us for dinner, and discuss other ride options. There are usually only 6 to 8 members in attendance at any of our weekly dinner meetings, so don't expect a large group.
    Last edited by Opus9; 11-11-2009 at 05:25 PM.
    Man walks on two legs, not on four...
    To ride on two wheels just makes sense.

Opus9,
    Actually will not get into Vegas until 11:30pm or so tonight. Then we are heading downtown for a local radio show broadcast (KQRS - minneapolis) at the Nugget. The live broadcast is from 3am until 7am and then there is after party. I will be doing this on Thursday and Friday. This is why I can only ride on Saturday before I take the Red-Eye back to Minneapolis for the Viking/Lions game Sunday @ Noon. Basically, very little sleep and lots and lots of laughs. But Saturday I will be dry for the ride.

Thanks for all the leads/suggestions. I will look these over before I hit the airport in a few hours.

Default vacation

Wife and I r headed your way end of july and would like to know of some nice back road ride to c what nobody else wants 2. ANY help would B great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Owly,
    Just to confirm, are you looking for back roads in Vegas or Minnesota?

The links above for Vegas rides are really nice.

Default vacation

Lookin 4 rides in and round vegas. hoping 2 c some places u or somebody else knows about so we can enjoy a nice ride and c what u havsides the city of vegas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.