Honda VTX Forum banner

ISP is have a fundraiser...beware

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Sandman333 
#1 ·
Looks like there looking to steal our $$$
08/27/2010 District 15 Roadside Safety Checks

Downers Grove, IL – The Illinois State Police, District 15 will conduct a Roadside Safety Check in Lake County from 9 AM to 4 PM Saturday, August 28. According to District 15 Captain John Jesernik, the Roadside Safety Check will be held on the exit ramp from westbound Tri-State Tollway (I-94) to the Lake Forest Oasis.
Officers working this detail will be watchful for drivers who are operating unsafe motorcycles, driving with a suspended, revoked driver’s license, or driving out of classification. Seventy one percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur during the months of May through September, with July and August having the most fatalities. Twenty six percent of motorcycles ride without the proper classification. If you are caught riding without proper classification, you could lose all of your driving privileges for a period of three months. DON’T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!

#4 ·
I rode past there and they were pulling a lot of cagers over on the highway as well for speeding both north and south of the oasis. That's probably their way of saying they are not discriminating against just us bikers.

#9 ·
ISP got me today. They teamed up with Batavia PD. They are on the corner of Kirk and Fabiyan Pkwy.
Pulled me over for vertical plate and loud exhaust. GAY!

#11 ·
Got pulled into one of these.. Asked for Drivers License, Insurance.. Handed it over, he looked at it, and told me to have a nice day..

Baffle-less pipes and all.

-Gonz

#12 ·
Something most probably don't know- the agency writing the citation typically gets very little money from it. Most goes to the county the citation was written in. Thus, ISP is losing money if they are paying troopers overtime to run the checkpoints and write the tickets. Police don't write tickets so they can get new squad cars, folks. Law enforcement isn't a money maker for government...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.