road trip
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: road trip

Default road trip

hello every one, me and some friends are planing a road trip too sturgis next year, was wondering if any one knows of good places too stay, in sturgis or close too it, any thing would be great, Thanks everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I've watched and waited for someone to reply to this one for a while now. I surmise that you have not gotten a lot of responses because of lack of specifics. Your questions leaves so many opertunities that it's tough to narrow anything down.

Do some searches and try and formulate a few plans that sound good, and try back with some questions that don't leave several thousand opportunities!

I mean, are you lookin for campgrounds, hotels, rental houses, coming on just bikes, trailering, or bringing toy haulers and want basic or full hook-up sites.... all of this and more are available. More-so now than ever.

For the last couple years the accommodations in Sturgis have actually had openings instead of being booked one or more years in advance.... don't count on that leaving whatever you want open though. Plan well ahead to ensure availability.

Hope that helps a little....
    -Richard
    05 1800F/N - the goodies keep getting better...
    I walk on water

CLICK here for Darkside Forum
    DS -01/06/07

Default sturgis

Well thanks anyway, i guess i did leave a little out, my bad, i have a habbit of that, but we did get rooms at iron horse inn, looks cool it covered, maybe i'll see you there, again thanks.

Hey Bigdogx, sorry I didn't offer any info either. I live in SD, but have never attended the Sturgis rally! Maybe this year. I had a 21 year time away from riding, but took it up again 3 years ago. I'm glad you found a place to stay. Roads to ride on: Iron Mt. Road, Needles Highway, Sylvan Lake Road, Custer State Park, especially the Wildlife Loop, Spearfish & Vanoker Canyon, Devil's Tower. If you are riding here, I'd suggest coming West through SD on Highway 44 instead of I-90, if you want a bit more scenery and less traffic. It takes you around the Southern part of the Badlands, and is a very nice ride as you cross the Missouri River Hills. I have relatives in the Black Hills and have a built in place to stay, if I ever make it to the rally, that is.

Default ride

Thanks reride, i'll be sure to check those out, thanks again. maybe we see you there

Hey Bigdog, if our paths cross, I'll consider it an honor to meet you in person.

Default sturgis

ReRide, Sounds great, hope we do meet.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.