Honda VTX Forum banner

I'm from the IRS + I'm here to help you........

4K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  murphy 
#1 ·
Almost tax time + I love screwin the IRS outta anything I can, but, don't enjoy gettin caught BTDT. I'm sure all of us here purchase hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of MC parts online + avoid sales taxes. Sooooooo, how much do you claim compared to what you actually bought, and has anyone you know been busted for their online purchases. BTW, I automatically claim $300, it's way more, + have to pay the state every year :cry:.

#27 ·
I can not believe a lot of what I’m reading. The government has become income stealer and redistributor of wealth( Socializm: AKA perverted communism ). The state and Feds take way toooooo much and not everybody pays their fair share. It is defiantly time for tax reform, no more earned income credit and everybody pays the same. The rich are taxed no more than the poor.

#28 ·
Onl;y reason the flat tax isnt here,is

the millions of IRS agents as they would be outta work+ if they were a consumption tax,it would be easily collected just like the states sales taxes...no further need for the American Gestapo ! Trust me,I spent 14 long years fighting them,won in court and then was hounded to death...they dont like to loose !

#29 ·
Illegal aliens do pay sales tax like the rest of us. Some also pay income tax. You are actually legally required to pay income tax if you work in the US even if you are not here legally.

Clearly many do not, but painting them all like that is probably not accurate.
:agree:I worked with many illegal aliens and all of them paid income tax. Many (or most) of them have "legal" jobs, but no real SS# (even big companies employ them as they were legally here). For this cases IRS issues them a tax ID# (yes, the IRS "knows", they are illegal, but does nothing, just collects the money from them, too). And these (many of them) illegal aliens with job, family, house, car here in the USA carefully pay their taxes, because they don't want an other (other than being illegal) reason to be caught.nojoke
I think here in MN and in some other states welfare is a bigger problem. There are a lot of "turists" here, once every month, from other non "welfare states". Yes, they don't live here in this state, but they come here to collect "their" welfare money every month...

Ervin

#30 ·
I don't shop online .... you're not getting away with anything, just delaying the day you are called on to pay the man! :twisted:

If you buy a $1500 vacuum online and pay no sales tax, the State isn't gonna chase you down for what little tax that will net. They will wait say 5, 10, or 15 years and come after you for ALL that you spent online.

Just wait until you see Revenue Office Checkpoints set up along the borders between states so that states with high sales tax can search vehicles of residents coming back from adjacent states with lower sales taxes!!!

I am a big advocate of shopping at brick and mortar establishments and paying CASH !!!! No need to leave a f'king paper trail for the government to follow to your house! :D

" “Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s ... " keep the rest for yourself! :lol:

....illegal aliens who then ship their money back home. ....
I think the Feds should impose a currency transfer fee of say 50% on ALL money transfers by companies like Western Union on transfer that originate in the USA and terminate in a foreign country.

You wanna send $500 to momma in Guatemala? Give Uncle Sam $250 !!!

US citizens could be exempted from the fee, should they want to send money to a family member overseas.

#32 ·
IRS is a scam. Income tax was never properly ratified back in the day .But they collect it any way. They will try and convince you to pay when you dont.
MMMMM whats wrong with this picture.:dontknow::banghead:
That picture? Back when we were building Perry Nuclear Power Plant we were on 7/12s. I was grossing over $2K weekly + payin over $800 weekly in taxes. That same year, Exxon paid $ZERO :mad:.

#33 ·
IRS is a scam. Income tax was never properly ratified back in the day .But they collect it any way.
This argument will not only get a judgement against you in tax court but a $10,000 fine as well. Sadly, many courts have found that the 16th ammendment was ratified correctly.

The only way to beat the income tax game is planning for taxes. That is what every major corporation and tons of wealthy people do every day.

Think I am wrong? Google "wesley snipes" and see the results.

#34 ·
Sadly, many courts have found that the 16th ammendment was ratified correctly.
Sadly indeed since all the courts have been tax courts with an IRS judge and jury. Nobody's ever going to derail that money train and any politician who says they're going to is lying to you. Flat out, bald faced lying to you.

The only way to beat the income tax game is planning for taxes.
Yep that's about all anybody can do at this point.

#35 ·
This argument will not only get a judgement against you in tax court but a $10,000 fine as well. Sadly, many courts have found that the 16th ammendment was ratified correctly.

The only way to beat the income tax game is planning for taxes. That is what every major corporation and tons of wealthy people do every day.

Think I am wrong? Google "wesley snipes" and see the results.
Wesley snipes case was also bullsh#t. The goverment didnt want him to have money in off shore accounts so they couldnt touch it. Plus being famous they made a example out of him.
Its pretty sad that our own goverment just sticks it to WE THE PEOPLE and it gose on and on.
Taxes used for the right things are not bad but so much gets wasted by our goverment its sucks. Congress votes for its own pay raise .
I,m proud of my country and ashamed of my goverment. Anybody else?:dontknow:

#37 ·
Wesley snipes case was also bullsh#t. The goverment didnt want him to have money in off shore accounts so they couldnt touch it. Plus being famous they made a example out of him.
Its pretty sad that our own goverment just sticks it to WE THE PEOPLE and it gose on and on.
Taxes used for the right things are not bad but so much gets wasted by our goverment its sucks. Congress votes for its own pay raise .
I,m proud of my country and ashamed of my goverment. Anybody else?:dontknow:

Actually Wesley Snipes was using an obscure code section to try and say only US based income was taxable. Of course the tax code is written to tax our world wide income, not just US income. As a result of his mistake, Wesley filed erroneous tax returns for refunds (which were denied) and did not file for three straight years. The failure to file was really the issue. That is a misdemeanor subject to one year in jail.

He will go to jail for failing to follow the tax code, just like you or I would. The government has zero tolerance for postal and tax crimes.

I do not like the IRS anymore than the next person, but a direct frontal assault is just not going to get you anywhere but in deep doo doo.

#38 ·
Actually Wesley Snipes was using an obscure code section to try and say only US based income was taxable. Of course the tax code is written to tax our world wide income, not just US income. As a result of his mistake, Wesley filed erroneous tax returns for refunds (which were denied) and did not file for three straight years. The failure to file was really the issue. That is a misdemeanor subject to one year in jail.

He will go to jail for failing to follow the tax code, just like you or I would. The government has zero tolerance for postal and tax crimes.

I do not like the IRS anymore than the next person, but a direct frontal assault is just not going to get you anywhere but in deep doo doo.
Wesley should have just "RESTATED EARNINGS". Why not, practically every company in the S+P 500 did a few years ago. Restated earnings means to lie out your arse + when you're caught tell the truth without bein prosecuted. Course, if yer not in the S+P 500, rots of ruck ;).

#40 ·
Wesley should have just "RESTATED EARNINGS". Why not, practically every company in the S+P 500 did a few years ago. Restated earnings means to lie out your arse + when you're caught tell the truth without bein prosecuted. Course, if yer not in the S+P 500, rots of ruck ;).

there is a difference between taxable income and book income. many companies are in fact a web of entities often designed to minimize income taxes. Much like homeowners take advantage of the mortgage interest deduction companies often take advantage of intentional or unintentional tax advantaged circumstances.

When a company restates earnings they do not avoid their tax liability. In fact, I would bet their tax liability does not change (although it could depending on the reason for the restatement).

Wesley on the other hand simply lied to the IRS. That is not per se in and of itself a crime. The crime Wesley commited was failure to file an income tax return. Had he filed a return filled in with zero's he would have had civil penalities but they might not have put him in jail for that.

The one exception is when one under reports income - the IRS really does not like this at all. This is called tax evasion - the felony. This is the charge you never want to get.

#42 ·
10% across the board no loop holes....

tomb
Yeah that'll work. :roll:

Tax on income will never be fair since the ruling class will always decide what constitutes income.

What we have started out as 1%, no loop holes. And only from businesses involved in the manufacture, transportation, and sale of alcohol tobacco and firearms.

I'm sure it was only a coincidence that the super rich unelected ruling class had their tax exempt foundations in place when the 16th amendment was passed...:roll::roll:

#43 ·
Screw 'dat mean ol' gov'mint man... "Take ALL you can get; Give NOTHING back!"
IF 'dat mean ol' gov'mint taxman wants to chase me down, then I'll do 3 yrs in a club Fed penn... :dontknow:
until then I be shoppin' and ridin' and enjoyin' my life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.