Honda VTX Forum banner

not gonna want to miss this !!

4K views 60 replies 29 participants last post by  RIXer 
#1 ·

See less See more
#27 ·
:agree::dontknow::yikes:
I don't think it is the angle of the picture, but the right exhaust pipe on the bagger bike appears to be 2-3 inches longer than the left side. :dontknow:
Yes it does, by being off that much, I think it is meant to be or a distorted pic. If the pipes were the same length the one closest would look shorter not longer, look at my pic below as an example

I do think the wide angle lens could distort perceptions like that though.

#28 ·
the long looking pipe is not the angle of the pic,if it was the right pipe would actually appear shorter.
However it is definitely the wide angle lens, if you look at the angles of the people standing around many of them are tilted, I don't think they were quite that drunk:shock:

#29 ·
Good grief, did ANYONE actually get up, move to the right of the monitor, position yourself at right angle to the bike , then look down? Obviously not, cuz you'd see they're the same length. BUT whatever yah do, don't actually try it, cuz there wouldn't be nothin to argue bout then :rolleyes:.

#30 ·
Good grief, did ANYONE actually get up, move to the right of the monitor, position yourself at right angle to the bike , then look down? Obviously not, cuz you'd see they're the same length. BUT whatever yah do, don't actually try it, cuz there wouldn't be nothin to argue bout then :rolleyes:.
My bike the pipes are exactly the same length, but try your method on looking at my pic from the left of your monitor they look way off and they ARE NOT.
I didn't have on my 3D glasses.;) :roll:

I do think the wide angle lens could distort perceptions.

#31 ·
angle of the dangle

I rotated the photo a few degrees so that edge of show stand behind bagger is vertical. So does that make the pipe length appear any different? :dontknow: I still think the right side is longer.

#35 ·
#36 ·
It's even in the best color

#40 ·
AHH MAN WHY YA WANNA BE LIKE DAT?? IF WE'S TA DO DAT DEN WAT WOULD WE HAVE TA ARGUE BOUT??? DAMIT MAN :joke:

#43 ·
the long looking pipe is not the angle of the pic,if it was the right pipe would actually appear shorter.
However it is definitely the wide angle lens, if you look at the angles of the people standing around many of them are tilted, I don't think they were quite that drunk:shock:
I agree. It has to be distortion from a wide-angle lens. Looking at a 2D image from the side doesn't change the perspective at all.

#44 ·
bagger

Simply put, that front fender is FUGLY! Oh, and I think the back of it is longer than the front of it....;)

#49 ·
Well, I'm the only pipelayer on the board, that much is certain. In order to determine visually if 2 points (ends of the pipes) are on the same plane, you must be on the same plane (no not aircraft) as those points. If you are, everything lines up, if you ain't, you'll do what we commonly refer to as "crossing the beam". All that big arse concrete pipe in the ground is laid with a laser beam and obviously no one here has any experience with lasers or surveying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.