- 1. Remove the gas cap.
2. Remove the bottom three screws, closest to the seat from the speedometer housing.
3. Unplug the wire plugs connected to the speedometer housing. (located near the front cylinder on the air cleaner side of the bike.
4. Take out the 4 screws under the housing, this will remove the housing from the speedometer.
5. Remove the 4 screws from the speedometer, this will allow you to take the clear cover from the speedometer.
6. Carefully remove the needle, If it cannot be removed by hand you can use a fork gently working the speedometer needle off the pin.
7. Take the 2 screws from the faceplate.
8. The faceplate should now come off.
9. Put the new faceplate on.
10. Now work from no. 7 to no. 1 to reinstall. When reinstalling the needle, put the needle pointing down towards the tank at an angle. The back side of the needs should point to 101 mph. After the needle is on, move it to the left over the needle stop. This allows the needle to be in the proper position. Kudo's given to Dave from Fire and Ice for figuring this out.
Hope this helps, for all that have asked for this posting.