review MatuzaGA hard saddlebags
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: review MatuzaGA hard saddlebags

Default review MatuzaGA hard saddlebags

I currently am riding an 08 vtx1300c. I have been looking at buying saddlebags and am wondering if anyone has tried the Matuza GA hard saddlebags on this bike. What are the pros and cons? How is the fit? How about the lights? What is the quality, ease of access and anything else anyone can think of?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

The GA bags have no lights, unless I'm mistaken. Anyhow, I have the MU bags. Lights on mine failed within 30 days. Mutazu sent me replacements that also failed. A hero here on the forum made me some LED replacement boards for the lights, which have not failed, and are also ablout 100% brighter. Otherwise, I am satisfied with the bags. They are cheap - that's the big thing. The GA series costs, what, about $115 a pair? Tsukayu or National hard bags would run closer to $700 a pair. Easy decision for me.

CW
    Black 2006 VTX : now sold, but still an all-time favorite
    2007 Hayabusa
    2002 Jack Russell Terrorist - all stock (supercharged from factory)

You'll get what you pay for. I have a pair, they're unimpressive, but can't complain considering the price (bought mine used with easy brackets). In retrospect, I'd have put that money toward a nicer pair of bags. I rarely have them on the bike, just wanted something for a trip. I can see where they would not hold up if they were on the bike all the time.

'06 1300C, Hard Krome K2's w/ Michaels baffles, Factory Pro rejet, risers, Aeromach Ultraflow air intake,
    PAIR removal, SoCal Arizona, 11" Progressive shocks.

I have the smaller ones, they are a cheaper bag, but work fine for me.
    Dave

2008 HD Street Glide
    "Who is more irrational? A man who believes in a God he doesn't see, or a man who's offended by a God he doesn't believe in?" Brad Stine

I have the "GA" bags and I wished I'd have gotten something else! They look a lot bigger in pics than on the bike. As far as putting stuff in them, they won't hold much. Upside is they're cheap and work well with easybrackets. They don't come with mounting brackets(mine didn't)

VTXOA 'Members Who Can Help' Map<<---ClicHere
    PGR RC, 2010 GL 1800, DS#1146 VTX 1300C
    AKA "Pooch" IBA#55800 BB1500/SS 1K Done BBG/SS 2K pending Cert.

My wife has the MU LN bags on her Shadow they are cheap but work the led lights are impossible to see in the daylight in the turn signals. I went back and forth with Mutazu about this and they basically refunded me the money for the new led boards I bought from them. It is a serious safety issue and they say you should use the turn signals in bags only with your stock turn signals.
    I replaced them with 50 watt halogen 1156 bulbs and socket and now you can see the turn signals in the daytime. Even the 1157's I first put in the lights were barely visible in the daytime with the lens they have on the bags.

You get what you pay for but she has had them on in the rain with no leaks and we have somewhere to lock stuff when we are away from the bikes. Just like sunglasses and stuff nothing valuable.
    03 VTX 1800S Illusion Blue Ultimate X Big Boy GYTT 205/65-15 Darkside and Loving it!

[IMG][/IMG]

I went with the mutazu bags with reflectors for my C. Price is under $300 to the door with brackets. I keep them on all the time and they are holding up well.
    2004 VTX1300C Silver - 'nough said.

Go with the Tsukayu Strongs. Look for them when HDL has one of their sales. Much better quality and they look great on a black bike.
    05 1800c, Black, Cobra Short backrest w/luggage rack, Tsukayu bags, Progressive fork springs, Hondaline lightbar, Progressive 418's, Hondaline lowers, Tsukayu fairing, Mustang seat

Quote Originally Posted by CWCobra View Post
    The GA bags have no lights, unless I'm mistaken. Anyhow, I have the MU bags. Lights on mine failed within 30 days. Mutazu sent me replacements that also failed. A hero here on the forum made me some LED replacement boards for the lights, which have not failed, and are also ablout 100% brighter. Otherwise, I am satisfied with the bags. They are cheap - that's the big thing. The GA series costs, what, about $115 a pair? Tsukayu or National hard bags would run closer to $700 a pair. Easy decision for me.

CW
    I also have the MU bags. I did a bunch of mods to so they would sit really close to the fender. The one thing I HATE about the bags is the wimpy lights. Does the guy who made your lights have any desire to make another pair? If not, my idea is to get a pair of LED taillights from a trucker chrome shop like "Iowa 80". That's where I got the turnsignals for my last saddle bags.

http://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWEB/...%2FCR.+RIM+CLR.
    Last edited by tin-indian; 04-07-2010 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug H View Post
    I went with the mutazu bags with reflectors for my C. Price is under $300 to the door with brackets. I keep them on all the time and they are holding up well.
    what style bags are those ?
    99 problems, but a Bike ain't one!!!

I believe they are the HL or LH bags.
    2006 VTX1300S. Xtreme Revolutions Fairing. Alpine IDA-X303. Alpine SPR 5.25 Speakers. Kury ISO Grips. Kury Hypercharger. Mustang Wide Touring Vintage Seats. Mutazu HL Series Hardbags. Vance&Hines Big Shots Exhaust. Matazu Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by THEREALWUN View Post
    what style bags are those ?
    Mutazu JM's. Holds a half helmet each side and still has room for other stuff.

Default thank you for the response

n y Thankks! for the response, I was worried the JM bags would be too long at 25 inches in lengthm, but they look great on your bike, what brackets did you use, and did you have any clearance problems with the taillights, I am running a 1800C

Quote Originally Posted by vipros View Post
    Go with the Tsukayu Strongs. Look for them when HDL has one of their sales. Much better quality and they look great on a black bike.
    I don't even see hard bags listed on their site.....

Never mind, I found them.
    Last edited by joebogey; 04-29-2010 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEREALWUN View Post
    n y Thankks! for the response, I was worried the JM bags would be too long at 25 inches in lengthm, but they look great on your bike, what brackets did you use, and did you have any clearance problems with the taillights, I am running a 1800C
    Used the stock brackets that Mutazu included with the bags. Just have to take time and line them up and get all your mounting points marked correctly. I've attached two pics for the view from the back. I have about 1/8" clearance on the stock taillights.
    Attached Images Attached Images

co-sponsor

Default ...

The only experience I've had with the Matuza bags was not a positive one. They are cheaply made, and the lights didn't work right from the start. You get what you pay for.

I have a set of what I beleive are Tsukayu bags here that belong to another customer, he's looking to sell them as he just bought Corbin Beetle bags. If you are interested let me know.
    Tins in stock and ready to paint for most late model cruisers!

Custom Motorcycle Painting

Quote Originally Posted by Doug H View Post
    Used the stock brackets that Mutazu included with the bags. Just have to take time and line them up and get all your mounting points marked correctly. I've attached two pics for the view from the back. I have about 1/8" clearance on the stock taillights.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! GONNA SAVE SOME MONEY ON THE BRACKETS, THAT WAS DEFINITELY UNEXPECTED. wOOOO WHOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by BD's Cycles View Post
    The only experience I've had with the Matuza bags was not a positive one. They are cheaply made, and the lights didn't work right from the start. You get what you pay for.

I have a set of what I beleive are Tsukayu bags here that belong to another customer, he's looking to sell them as he just bought Corbin Beetle bags. If you are interested let me know.
    I'm interested.
    Pics and prices per PM please.
    What bike did they come off of?
    Thanks

Getting inline - interested. PMed
    2008 Honda VTX 1300R - Blank Slate
    2005 Honda VTX 1300C - R.I.P - 12/2013...She was claimed a total loss by fire.
    Longest weekend ride: 2,083 miles and 14 1/2 hours of riding in one day.

co-sponsor

Default ...

the bags belong to "wanderingbear", he's on the vtxcafe more than he is here, so I sent him a link to this thread....
    Tins in stock and ready to paint for most late model cruisers!

Custom Motorcycle Painting

The bags are National Cycle Cruiseliners, they are off my 05 1800R and nave the chrome mounting kit. The package sells for over $700 new. These aren't the bags you
    re talking about on this thread. I bought and mounted 48 red ultra light LED's in an aluminum bezel and clear covers for a smooth look. I have the Kury R/T/B sytem and these puppies are super bright even in the brightest sunlight. No one can say I couldn't see them. I'll post some pics but as of right now N0body70 is buying them. Should she change her mind I will put the in the for sale forum. They will fit all models but if it's not a R/S or T model a new mounting kit many be needed. They cost around $110 to $189 depending on who's selling them.

I really liked these bags but I've always wanted the beetle bags and got them at a great price so that's what I'm changing to. I don't like many other bags and I don't bad mouth the others either. Buy the ones you want and enjoy them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.