Valve Stem Leds Illegal???
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Valve Stem Leds Illegal???

Default Valve Stem Leds Illegal???

Just checking to see if valve stem lights (leds) are legal or illegal in your state. Also, if anyone has experience with them please share. Seems like a good idea to make yourself a bit more visible at night but have also read where some people claim the added weight to the valve stem cause blow outs and so on.......

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Pittsburgh, Pa. U.S. Navy Retired (22yos), 99 Valkyrie I/S (02 VTX1800 - Sold 2011) )

LED's and "ornamental" lighting is legal but those little tire flies or whatever they are called aren't that good (at least they were not a few years ago). I tried em and didn't like em.... got rid of em.
    John

came on my 03 C. Weren't working when I got the MC. Had my rear valve stem break( Rubber kind ) don't know if that was the reason ( Extra weight on stem ??? )

Pope "papa" of the VTXOA Chicago-Spike's Avatar

In Illinois, you can not see the actual LED llight source, only the glow is OK. So I would say these are not OK in IL.

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

No lighting is legal in Oklahoma unless you are parked. Even parked, red or blue are illegal.
    "Deus solum me iudicare potest"

New Hampshire they are illegal. White and amber to the front, red (brake, turn) and amber turn signals are legal to the rear with a white plate light. Any other color is not authorized by the department of motor vehicles and if a color is visible from the wrong direction it is unlawful.

It's a big debate, getting more lax on it, but I know of a member on here that was stopped, well it's a relative term as he was parked in a parking lot and a trooper pulled up and made him shut off his accent led's on his bike with the threat of a ticket. Technically they are illegal anywhere on a "way" as the vehicle has to be able to meet inspection requirements at all times while on a "way". It's cutting hairs if you ask me, it is parked, but wasn't in a show or part of a display, so he shut them off before it cost him.
    IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE DUMB, YOU BETTER BE TOUGH! 2003 1800C BLACK & DARKSIDE!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.