Honda VTX Forum banner

Here is the last memory I have of my X.

2K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  kevster 
#1 ·
Another X sold.

She went to a good home and I have a loaner GW in the garage. I am torn between a BMW and a wing.

Start watching the classifieds, I have some stuff for sale.

See less See more
#2 ·
Powerful photo

nojoke

#9 ·
WTH! Dude really?? Your gonna regret it!
No I wont. Well, maybe I will. :lol:

I have owned many, many bikes over the years. I still have two bikes here. I also have a Wing that I may buy.

The smile on that kids face was priceless.....

#10 ·
The smile on that kids face was priceless.....
No that smile had a price tag attached, but like most of us even after it was paid for we are still smiling! I hope you plan to stay around at least drop in from time to time. My little girl was talking about you the other day. She had the puppets in the tub and was telling me about where she got them. She says that one of daddy's motorcycle friends got them for her. We made sure she knew how we got them and she associates them as coming from you.

Her birthday here was in August and these little things are STILL her favorite toys! (That is her Aunt in the background)

Oh you did tell the kid about us here on VTXOA right??

#11 ·
On Saturday I looked at the new BMW K1600GTL for 26K, AWESOME! bike but out of my range. Yesterday I bought an 04 K1200LT. Now I'm torn which to take on my trip to Alaska. Leaving in 3 weeks and hesitant to take a bike I know nothing about. But my X will be up for sale, either sooner or later depending on the decision.

#18 ·
W9VD, John, whatever you ride don't stray too far from this board. Who's gonna carry on with the Gremlin Bell's?:dontknow:
As stated in another thread, humans are resistant to change and in most of our minds the "same old same old" is just fine. The VTX is a wonderful bike but there are other wonderful bikes out there namely the BMW's. Pick the one that tickles your fancy, swing your leg over and don't look back.
Congrats on the sale. Ride safe!:doorag:

#19 ·
W9VD,

Let us know what you decide on. It might help me.

I am trying to eliminate some choices for when it is time to retire my X. I like cruisers for looks and the way they fit me. However for the kind of LD riding I do a GW, ST1300, or BMW would be better. I sort of like the BMW R1200RT but I like the looks of the Triumph Rocket III Touring better and it fits me. I like the Honda dealer network though. I don't want to part with my VTX.

#21 ·
Sure makes it easier to watch your X go when you know it's going to someone who'll appreciate and care for it as much as you did. I enjoy corresponding with the great guy who bought my X, hearing what he's done to it, etc. The MC version of an open adoption!

#24 ·
Nope. I took the two bells my brothers gave me off the bike and gave him a new one. :mrgreen:

I will see you soon brother.

Did you let your Bells go with It.??? let me know when you get you new bike will send you a nice Chrome or Brass one...

love you Brother

Be safe....

tomb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.