Honda VTX Forum banner

Gas, more bad news ?

881 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  speedsville 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Ethanol is pure junk science. When all energy considerations are taken into account including real-world fuel economy and power losses, ethanol ends up costing us more petroleum than it saves. It's just a way for politicians to line the pockets of a select few and buy some votes from farmers. What's ironic is that there is a solution out there that can work without damaging anything and would really replace virtually all foreign oil imports- butanol. You can burn it in the car you drive today with no changes and no damage. But, doing so would not funnel the money to the "right" people, so there is no incentive to make it happen.

#3 ·
I think this all is BS. I have a 1995 Dodge 1500 that has dropped my gas mileage down to 12MPG and think that the EPA and government need to get there noses out of it and just sell 100% gasoline. If we what to run our cars on something different like E 85 or whatever then we will go out and buy a car that runs on that! Sometimes people just make me sick!!

:evil::evil::banghead::banghead:

#5 ·
It's just a higher carbon alcohol than ethanol. Unlike ethanol, it's non-corrosive, doesn't absorb water, can be shipped by pipeline, has nearly the same energy content as gasoline, and won't damage engines even in pure form. In fact a guy named Dave Ramey drove cross county in a 95 Buick on 100% butanol and saw increases in fuel economy over gasoline. It can be made from agricultural waste products and algae.

http://www.butanol.com.

#7 ·
Ethonal.....

We all know that our "Government" is run by the money people in this country, and they are only interested in lining their pockets, the Hell with us! Does anybody actually think that anybody in Washington D.C. represents "us" as voters! Hell, in this economy I'll bet they voted themselves a raise again!

#8 ·
We all know that our "Government" is run by the money people in this country, and they are only interested in lining their pockets, the Hell with us! Does anybody actually think that anybody in Washington D.C. represents "us" as voters! Hell, in this economy I'll bet they voted themselves a raise again!
A bill was put forward to end ethanol subsidy (earmark) and it failed. Iowa...and corn.

Bull

#9 ·
#10 ·
Its trying to find a market for corn, tooooo much of it. Subsidies. Plain and simple. The amount of corn that is grown in this country is PROOF that the selling price is to high.

#11 ·
..I just recently discovered a gas station about 5 miles from me that has ethanol free gas...yes...it's in one of those truck plazas...they said they get a lot of business from RVers and boaters...something about where they get their fuel from for the diesel trucks, they can also get ethanol free gas for the filling staion..if ya got one close to you (a truck plaza)..check it out and see if the same might hold true..

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.