A/F screw
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A/F screw

Default A/F screw

Sorry for the novice question. Where is the A/F screw on my 05 13R?? Running a bit rich.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mightywarrior72 View Post
    Sorry for the novice question. Where is the A/F screw on my 05 13R?? Running a bit rich.

If it is the same as 07 which I'm pretty sure it is under the airbox, search the tech forms, you have to remove the gas tank. Unless someone beats me to it I try and post a pic.
    2007 1300 R Black Cherry--1800 FD,Big Bike Driving lights,Memphis Shades Big Shot,NC Paladin Engine Guard,Honda Back Rest + Luggage Rack,Willie & Max Saddlebags,Roadhouse Slip ons,Mustang Seat & Desmoged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

under the carb, if you lay down look up you will see it, very hard to get to but it can be done. I installed Glens tool it works very well. Do you have a tool to adjust with?
    2007 VTX 1300 R

"I prefer dangerous liberty to peaceful servitude."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mightywarrior72 View Post
    Some info and pics in the link below.
    http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=15732

Glens VTX Garage Blinker Bar (driving lights not included)

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo820 View Post
    under the carb, if you lay down look up you will see it, very hard to get to but it can be done. I installed Glens tool it works very well. Do you have a tool to adjust with?
    2007 VTX 1300 R

"I prefer dangerous liberty to peaceful servitude."
    - Thomas Jefferson

I recommend Glen's permanent mount adjustment tool. That way you only have to take everything apart once.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfalzy View Post
    I recommend Glen's permanent mount adjustment tool. That way you only have to take everything apart once.
    +1 It is really hard to adjust it the way Honda has it set up. Glen's A/F makes it simple to adjust.

Why do you think you are running rich. If you are using the choke/enriches then your plugs will look like you are running rich. But you are most likely running lean on the A/F, it should be set at 2.5 turns. The factory sets the A/F lean to pass EPA so you have to use the Choke/Enhancer which dumps lots of fuel in to foul the plugs. With the A/F set at 2.5 you will only have to twist the throttle a couple of times and rarely have to use the choke and it will worm up quickly.

Doud
    Donut Doug

Ah... 2.5.

Word of advice MightyWarrior... 2.5 is not a magic number.

Set it properly. It may end up around 2.5 or it may not, but knowing is better than guessing.

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
    support your
    LOCAL 81

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.