Honda VTX Forum banner

New in Crate

2K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Justa_Poser 
#1 ·
For anyone that may be loking to replace their VTX or looking for their first, St. Charles Harley dealership in St. Charles Missouri has two brand new still in crate. A 2008 VTX 1800 and a 2009 VTX 1300. Don't remember if R or C models. Just thought I would pass on the info.

#2 ·
It is rather curious that a Harley dealer would have two new Hondas in a crate. Any explanation?

Joe T.

#6 ·
The Honda place in Chattanooga was cleaning out VTX awhile back, in the crate 08 1300s R model 6200, 09...6800.

#9 ·
Thnx W9VD

I was born and spent the first 29 years in Peru, Indiana. I worked on the railroad and went through Ft. Wayne quite often. The waste can here in the kitchen is from the Bed and Bath store in Ft. Wayne. I bought it on a trip a few years back.
Six2go

#15 ·
Hmmmm let me know if you find a new in the crate Valkyrie Interstate.... :popcorn:

I agree with some others that it might look strange that a one post wonder, or first post wonder at least, is advertising or informing the OA of new VTX's. However.... it could be just coincidence and his way of joining in by helping others out. Don't beat him too bad or it could very well be his first/last post.

#18 ·
OK If there is concrete in the handlebars then he's good to go? :popcorn:
You are not paying attention, or your rememberer is failing you... it was Highway/Crash Bar with concrete. And, quite frankly I think it might have been cement....and not concrete.... that concrete aggregate is kinda big to be stuffing in those pipes. That's all I'm gonna say about it...... ;)

#19 ·
Terry Schroader of Schroaders Honda has a new valkyrie interstate still in the crate. He says its not for sale thou.

Hmmmm let me know if you find a new in the crate Valkyrie Interstate.... :popcorn:

I agree with some others that it might look strange that a one post wonder, or first post wonder at least, is advertising or informing the OA of new VTX's. However.... it could be just coincidence and his way of joining in by helping others out. Don't beat him too bad or it could very well be his first/last post.

#22 ·
I am not a dealer if that is what you were implying. I had just been doing a lot of looking around for a VTX. Two friends of mine have a 2004 and a 2005 1300. I just bought my first. A 2007 VTX1300c. Gloss back. First time on it today. Hopefully this sight will be very helpfull.

#24 ·
The owner of the Honda dealership in my town has an Excelsior-Henderson Super X, still in the crate. Granted, it's not for sale, but still...
I have a friend here at work with one of those. It's really a beautiful and interesting bike, with cutouts on the right under the tank for the cylinder heads. I saw one here while back for sale on Ebay, but since the company is out-of-production, I'm not enough of a mechanic to mess with one.

#25 ·
That particular dealership sells Harley, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki. Or at least they DID (last year).

In recent history, they have had some very excellent prices on VTX's.

It used to be Bob Shultz and then the dealership was sold. The guy that bought it has a string of car dealerships and that's sorta how he runs this motorcycle dealership. It's a little different but the prices are much better than they WERE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.