Honda VTX Forum banner

New baby in the family

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  Fla.Cableguy 
#1 ·
Hi all,

well I never thought I'd do it, but there is a new addition to the family... a 1997 Honda Valkyrie.

Picked it up for an owner who had too many toys and didn't have time to play with this one for almost nothing and it only had 9000 miles on it. My wife didn't like the ride on the back of my X and I wanted to get hardbags for it, so we decided to add another bike to the stable instead that had all the features we wanted. I get to keep "my toy"( VTX ), and we get "our toy" ( Valk ) for the long family rides. Although the riding position takes a bit of getting used too, it was fun riding it home.

Shak

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
You can't make the statement " For almost nothing " and then just not say, thats just wrong, lol :dontknow: Smitt
Hi all,

well I never thought I'd do it, but there is a new addition to the family... a 1997 Honda Valkyrie.

Picked it up for an owner who had too many toys and didn't have time to play with this one for almost nothing and it only had 9000 miles on it. My wife didn't like the ride on the back of my X and I wanted to get hardbags for it, so we decided to add another bike to the stable instead that had all the features we wanted. I get to keep "my toy"( VTX ), and we get "our toy" ( Valk ) for the long family rides. Although the riding position takes a bit of getting used too, it was fun riding it home.

Shak

#16 ·
Congrats on the Valk! I looked at those recently, but ended up with a used GW. What's cool is that the Valk uncovers the guts of the bike while the GW covers it up. And when you peel back the tupperware on a GW, you know Honda did not intend to display the stuff under there like they did on the Valk.

#17 ·
Thats a sweet scoot ya got there. I normally wouldn't care for those paint colors, but it seems to go nicely with that bike.

How is it compared to the X? A little more grunt? Little more stable on the highway due to the extra size and weight?
I find the ride is real smooth. The power is surprising. I find the riding position is like sitting on a chair at the kitchen table though... hehe

I'm just glad the previous owner put on the forward pegs to get back some of the cruiser feeling. :D

As for the paint color, not my favorite combination either, but like you said, I agree it goes well with that bike and I get compliments on it. They don't come out to well in the pic, but it's forest green and tan/beige/skin/whatever.

Shak

#19 ·
You can't make the statement " For almost nothing " and then just not say, thats just wrong, lol :dontknow: Smitt
Almost nothing = almost 50% off regular asking price. :thumbup:

As the price changes from region and country I didn't state it simply because it's all relative, but % has more meaning.

Shak

#21 ·
NICE ! was the guy drunk, lol. Great deal, Smitt
Almost nothing = almost 50% off regular asking price. :thumbup:

As the price changes from region and country I didn't state it simply because it's all relative, but % has more meaning.

Shak

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.