Honda VTX Forum banner

Sold my X

760 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  BadAxe 
#1 ·
Sold my Burple 2002, 1800C to a guy that just had to have one. :cry: I am still in shock! He gave me what I wanted for $$$$.$$ and I hope the grin on his face lasts as long as mine did (9-years). I had to rent a bike for Sturgis as this deal took place the night before I planned to leave. Rented a 2009 Heritage Softtail. Nice handling bike with good gas mileage, but it can't be compared to the X (where's the power). I am buying my sister's bike as she can't ride solo anymore because of Medical reasons. She has a 2005 Road King Custom. The change will be interesting and I may be looking for another X, after I give it a test. Remember, it's not what you ride, it's that you ride! ;)

#3 ·
What, no Goldwing? Just kidding... congrats on your new bike and for 99.875% of VTXOA'ers, it's that you ride! If the Softtail didn't have enough power, I wonder if the older RK will. They're a dif ride and should be enjoyed for what they offer.
:lol:

:agree:

:congrats:

:crew:

#4 ·
Congrats on the new ride. Was at the HD dealer yesterday for fairing parts and could have ridden a Road Glide home. Really liked it and it hit me how nice it was to look at a factory bike with all the goodies already on it instead of piecing stuff together.

#7 ·
You know, while I enjoy HD humor, but really have nothing against HD the brand, When I look at all of their models, none of them jump out at me. Are there any HD's cruisers out there with sleek sporty lines like the X or the M109? Not bashing HD. Excluding the V-Rod, there were only 1 or 2 HD's that I saw when browsing their site that I might like. Would have to see them in person.

Like I said, not a bash against HD in anyway. When i look at the X or the M109, i think, Wow, that looks sharp. When i look at new HD's I say to myself, Very nice bikes, but nothing is grabbing my attention.

Anyway, OP, Good Luck, and let us know what you think of the HD. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.