Honda VTX Forum banner

Little Pooch has to go. :(

1K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Irish Red 
#1 ·
Little Pooch needs a new home, soon. :(

All,
I've mentioned this on here before, but always been able to save him in the past.
No more. I'm gone to much now, my daughters won't take care of him, and the wife hates dogs. If I can't find him a home FAST, she'll take him to the (in)humane society. Yeah, that's how much she hates dogs.

He's an absolutely wonderful, loving, mixed small breed dog. He's house trained, and as loving an animal as you'd ever find. He's under a foot tall, and weighs maybe 5 pounds. His whole motivation in life is bring someone joy. He loves kids, and adults alike, and everyone who meets hiim falls in love with him, (except my wife).

I seriously HAVE to find him a home NOW.
Can anyone take him in?

I don't have pics of him on my laptop. Sorry.

#2 ·
wish i could help you out... we want a little pooch but can't have one where we are renting. if he's got to go to a shelter take him to the alternative humane society (no kill shelter) they will take good care of him and find him a home...

#3 ·
As a possible alternative: I could possibly be able to take him back in a few months if someone didn't want a forever dog, but was willing to "dog sit" for a while.

just offering up suggestions.

Thanks!

#7 ·
Hm.. My other post dissapeared.

Anyway. His fur gets long, but he doesn't shed. We keep him trimmed because he gets mats, plus he gets to hot.

He has had all his shots, and has an ID chip.
He's about 8 years old, but that's a guess. We got him as a stray a couple of years ago.

does that help?

#8 ·
#20 ·
I found someone to take him until I can get things settled.
For those who said keep the dog, lose the wife, I invite you to do the same under the circumstances.
Been there, did exactly that. Found a more understanding woman who has enough patience to deal with not only me but my dog and my hobbies. She even learned to ride her own bike. ;) They are out there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.