Honda VTX Forum banner

Poker Run Sept. 24

2K views 39 replies 7 participants last post by  LowCountryRider 
#1 ·
The Edisto Shrine Club is having it's annual poker run, on Sept. 24. Which is also the next Saturday I will have off.This is a worthy cause the proceeds help crippled children.
I have rode in this one several times and they usually have a good turn out with over 200 bikes.What say you guys?

#8 ·
Just a reminder

I thought we could meet in Holly Hill, in the big nice spacious empty parking lot at Joes Diner, around 9 am and ride on over. First bike out at 11 am.

I know Joe's is closed but if anyone is willing to bring a camp stove and some cookware , we could all chip in and buy the stuff to make breakfast.:chef2::eat2:

or we could just stop at the Waffle House on the way to Orangeburg.

#9 ·
Well, if we were to start cooking in the parking lot at Joe's and HH's finest show up we may be able to get out of the loitering charge. But with Chewy not there, what happens if the fire gets out of control? Then what? You just gotta think of these things. :mrgreen:

If we did end up at the Waffle House we best not start any trouble. Kid Rock might just be there and want to tussle.

http://youtu.be/xMKP_HxRkzs

#13 ·
Sounds good Dave. We can meet at 8AM and be in Holy Hill by 9AM. Does anyone else want to rid eout with us, Chewy, Jim, Mike, anyone?

#16 ·
I would! Maybe we can meet up in the Kmart parking lot around 0800. Sound good?
That sounds like a great plan. The only problem is that it won't work. We've waited countless hours in that parking lot for SCteach to show. What we've discovered over time is the only to get him moving is to park in his driveway and beat on his front door until Heather throws him out. (How that woman puts up w/ him is a mystery to me!) So, how about meeting in the K-Mart lot at 0750 and heading to his house? We can be there by 0800. The neighbors will love us and we can get started to Holly Hill on time.

#17 ·
That sounds like a great plan. The only problem is that it won't work. We've waited countless hours in that parking lot for SCteach to show. What we've discovered over time is the only to get him moving is to park in his driveway and beat on his front door until Heather throws him out. (How that woman puts up w/ him is a mystery to me!) So, how about meeting in the K-Mart lot at 0750 and heading to his house? We can be there by 0800. The neighbors will love us and we can get started to Holly Hill on time.

Jim he is not kidding.

#18 ·
Ok, 0750 it is.

I've waited for the old codger almost 30 minutes in that same parking lot the last time before realizing he wasn't going to show. I believe what you're saying.

We can pick him up at his house and watch him get into his seat like an old man easing into a nice warm bath. :D :joke:

#19 ·
You all do not need to make special arrangements for me. I will be on time at the k-mart parking lot at 0800. As for old, this old guy will leave ya in the dust as you watch my tail light fade away.:mcrider:

#21 ·
You all do not need to make special arrangements for me. I will be on time at the k-mart parking lot at 0800. As for old, this old guy will leave ya in the dust as you watch my tail light fade away.:mcrider:
yea from his rascal scooter:yikes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.