Honda VTX Forum banner

Mixing tires

860 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Dennis4809 
#1 ·
I have white wall Dunlop tires on my 2007 1300S. I need to buy a new rear tire and am wondering if anyone knows of any reason why I should not mix Dunlops on front and Metzeler on the rear.

#2 ·
Well I just put a new metz on my rear end, to match the front. After 3000 miles. Not much difference to me, but I aint trying to grind metal either. No biggie..imho just kinda check, get used to breaking, get the feel of it.....

#5 ·
if you're asking about a particular brand, as some are asking, then it's your choice.

now, if you're just asking, which is what i'm understanding, if you can mix your tires, meaning different front and rear brands, then you can do that as often as you'd like, with the brands you choose.
you dont have to run 2 dunnies, or 2 metz or 2 of anything,
1 metz/1 dunnie is fine, if that's what you're choosing, or any other combo...

G
#11 ·
Everyone also says not to run a radial on the front and a bias on the rear. I did it, just to see what the feel would be and because, they say you cant do it, I love it when people tell me I cant do something.:mrgreen: Anyway, I couldnt tell the difference. Dont go out and buy one just to try, it is spendy. I also dont think the extra $ for radials is worth it, I now have a ct on the rear and a Metz 150 on the front. It feels just the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.