Honda VTX Forum banner

New VTX1300 owner

2K views 21 replies 22 participants last post by  Tombstone270 
#1 ·
Hi. I picked up a Silver 2005 VTX 1300R two months ago and I would like to get more involved with the VTX community. I'd also like to make some tweaks on my new scoot. Dial it in so to speak. So if you have the patience to deal with a VTX noob then I would appreciate the help. First, I'm in Rutherford NJ so I'd like to hook up with a local Group. Also, one of the tweaks I'm looking to do is replace the saddle bags (LeatherLyke) with a color-matched pair of hard bags. That's it for now.

Yes, I copied this thread from the General Board. Not Lazy, just effecient

#5 ·
Welcome...

These are fun bikes to ride and mod...as long as you got some DEEP pockets.

Most my stuff, I try to make/fabricate myself if possible, otherwise I look for the cheapest alternatives...I'm more for function and not the blings.

Hard bags aren't cheap and due to the nature of the beast with vibration, the hard bags have the habit of cracking(in my opinion) and that in itself is a turn off.

First thing I did was to get rid of the stock torture device they called seats.

Have fun and enjoy spending your hard earned money on this beast...it has the insatiable appetite for shiny stuff.:mrgreen:

#9 ·
Welcome aboard Tree Man,
You picked a beautiful bike....

As for a group to ride with, check these guys out.. they are'nt too far from you and good group. They have a good ride coming up Labor day weekend. My Club does it every year.

http://www.dawnpatrolmc.com/

As for mods.. you should also check out C.R.A.P.

http://crapmods.com/phpBB3/

Brock

#10 ·
Awseome I got my X this year and have had nothing but good things to say about it ever since. Joining this board is probably one of the best things I've done so far. Lots of tips knowledge and good people. Good luck and if I can assist in any way let me know.

#11 ·
Welcome to the board! I've had my 1300R since '05 and it's been nothing but good times with it.

As for mods. Here's my hint...hide your CC because there are a million things you can do to your ride. But if you're hell bent, my first recommendation is ditch the stock seat. We all have our preferences so I'll let you decide what's best for you, but ditch it. Next, pipes! Again, a personal preference, but look around...tons out there to consider.

#12 ·
Welcome and enjoy your new ride..............Keep an eye in the New Jersey forum, their you can find the guys getting together to ride........:congrats:

#15 ·
WELCOME TO THE vtx WORLD

From another new member- welcome. Although I have had my 2006 VTX-S for several years, and, as was mentioned, sunk large dollars into it. I have found great ideas and a fantastic amount of knowledge resides in here. Welcome:congrats:

#16 ·
Purchased my '05 r last year with 6K miles on it. It came with hard bags, which I like a lot. I've added quiet baffles to the V&H big shots, driver back rest, chrome lowers, and a few other items. You'll enjoy modifying your X. Congrats!

#21 ·
Welcom from the great white north!

Check out National Cycle for hard bags - more expensive than others but I really like the look. They seem to flow with the bike and don't make her look too fat from the rear. :) Originally I was going to paint mine but after putting them on I like the gloss black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.