Headlight adjustment???
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headlight adjustment???

Default Headlight adjustment???

I was riding my 02 vtx 1800c the other night and i noticed that the headlight points way to low. I didn't notice in the city with all the other lights around but in the country holy crap!! I had to leave my brights on just to make it home. I thought i could simply just raise it up a little bit but of course there is no adjustment at least from what i can see. Has anyone run into this? Or has anyone found a fix? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

two holes on the underside of the headlight housing. When facing the headlight, the hole on the right is the vertical adjustment. Left hole is horizontal. You need a small flat head driver. Use a flashlight and look up in there and you can see the adjustment screws.
    George
    2006 1800R3 Titanium/Black Progressive 440HD, L&R forwards, Phatriser II's, Tsukayu VTX bags, Cobra Speedster Longs

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.."

Quote Originally Posted by wisuperhawk View Post
    I was riding my 02 vtx 1800c the other night and i noticed that the headlight points way to low. I didn't notice in the city with all the other lights around but in the country holy crap!! I had to leave my brights on just to make it home. I thought i could simply just raise it up a little bit but of course there is no adjustment at least from what i can see. Has anyone run into this? Or has anyone found a fix? Thanks!
    • Motorcycle Headlight Aiming

Getting a correctly aimed headlight is straightforward. You need to make a couple of measurements and then aim the light at a flat wall, as follows:

With the bike on its wheels and you astride, have a helper measure the distance from the floor to the center of the headlight lens.

Pick a flat wall where you can locate the bike so the headlight is 17 feet from the wall. Place a horizontal mark on the wall two (2) inches lower than the height of the center of the headlight.

The headlight beam (on low beam) should be relatively flat on the top, and may rise rather sharply at the right edge. Adjust the headlight vertically so that the flat top of the beam is just up to that line (marked two inches down at 17 feet).

Horizontal adjustment should center the beam ahead of the line of the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by GOG View Post
    two holes on the underside of the headlight housing. When facing the headlight, the hole on the right is the vertical adjustment. Left hole is horizontal. You need a small flat head driver. Use a flashlight and look up in there and you can see the adjustment screws.
    I thought it was a small phillips but either screw driver may work. One other thing to keep in mind, sometimes the adjustment screws don't work. You may have to take the headlamp out of it's housing to adjust the metal parts that the screws are supposed to adjust to free the parts up so that the screws will move the headlamp like it's supposed to once it's back in the headlamp and bolted up.

Tejas

Sounds good thanks! I'll try it tomorrow morning.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.