There are many things that I am thankful for:
- I am thankful that Honda makes great motorcycles that are affordable to own and maintain
- I am thankful for the Northstar Riders and all of the friendships that I have been able to make both in person and online
- I am thankful that Caps has allowed all of us to be his friends
- I am thankful that Big Bad isn't an elite female Russian Olympic athlete with a hormone imbalance and in heat
- I am thankful that MMR10 is just a little over 3 weeks away
- I am thankful that we have great roads to ride on in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa
- I am thankful that I will once again be able to cook all of you dinner on Saturday night
So that is why I have decided that this year, Saturday, July 17th is THANKSGIVING IN JULY
Dinner that night will include a baked potato with all the toppings, roasted corn on the cob (what meal involving indians doesn't include corn?) and a giant smoked tom turkey drumstick (yeah, like you get at the Renaissance Fair - big enough that you can use the left over bone as a hood prop while working on your car or pick up truck), a dinner roll, some creamy cole slaw and a 'surprise' for dessert. Non-alcoholic beverages will be available for everyone old enough to hold a can or bottle.
I am also betting that we can get Reverend Shirley to lead us in a prayer just before we dine.
This will be the kind of Thanksgiving Celebration that would make William Bradford, Miles Standish and Squanto jealous. I will be in touch with Lance via phone leading up to Saturday so I get an accurate idea of how many of you will be joining in for the THANKSGIVING FEAST so that I bring enough food . My initial thought is that I will bring enough food to feed 100 to 150 people.
Dinner will be available at or a little before 5 p.m. and you should have plenty of time to eat and still get to Rudy's for the Bike Show which starts at 7 p.m.
The cost of dinner will be $15 per person which will cover my costs and will include a SPECIAL BONUS MMR10 SOUVENIR GIFT only for those that eat with us on Saturday night. Lance knows what this BONUS GIFT is but he is sworn to secrecy, so don't try and get him drunk to pry the information out of him.
So I am hoping that we can maybe use this thread to get some sort of headcount as to how many of you will be eating on Saturday night - and I will personally start the counting - Papa Ron is Number 1 - just reply by saying something simple like "my wife and I will be #2 and #3" and so on - if I get an accurate count and don't have any wasted food, the cost of the meal could actually go down a buck or two. (Note: if you reply on the Northstar Riders website, please don't reply on this website or I will be sitting on a ton of extra food)
Now, could someone please pass me some more butter??