Thanksgiving in July at MMR10
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanksgiving in July at MMR10

Default Thanksgiving in July at MMR10

There are many things that I am thankful for:

- I am thankful that Honda makes great motorcycles that are affordable to own and maintain
    - I am thankful for the Northstar Riders and all of the friendships that I have been able to make both in person and online
    - I am thankful that Caps has allowed all of us to be his friends
    - I am thankful that Big Bad isn't an elite female Russian Olympic athlete with a hormone imbalance and in heat
    - I am thankful that MMR10 is just a little over 3 weeks away
    - I am thankful that we have great roads to ride on in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa
    - I am thankful that I will once again be able to cook all of you dinner on Saturday night

So that is why I have decided that this year, Saturday, July 17th is THANKSGIVING IN JULY

Dinner that night will include a baked potato with all the toppings, roasted corn on the cob (what meal involving indians doesn't include corn?) and a giant smoked tom turkey drumstick (yeah, like you get at the Renaissance Fair - big enough that you can use the left over bone as a hood prop while working on your car or pick up truck), a dinner roll, some creamy cole slaw and a 'surprise' for dessert. Non-alcoholic beverages will be available for everyone old enough to hold a can or bottle.

I am also betting that we can get Reverend Shirley to lead us in a prayer just before we dine.

This will be the kind of Thanksgiving Celebration that would make William Bradford, Miles Standish and Squanto jealous. I will be in touch with Lance via phone leading up to Saturday so I get an accurate idea of how many of you will be joining in for the THANKSGIVING FEAST so that I bring enough food . My initial thought is that I will bring enough food to feed 100 to 150 people.

Dinner will be available at or a little before 5 p.m. and you should have plenty of time to eat and still get to Rudy's for the Bike Show which starts at 7 p.m.

The cost of dinner will be $15 per person which will cover my costs and will include a SPECIAL BONUS MMR10 SOUVENIR GIFT only for those that eat with us on Saturday night. Lance knows what this BONUS GIFT is but he is sworn to secrecy, so don't try and get him drunk to pry the information out of him.

So I am hoping that we can maybe use this thread to get some sort of headcount as to how many of you will be eating on Saturday night - and I will personally start the counting - Papa Ron is Number 1 - just reply by saying something simple like "my wife and I will be #2 and #3" and so on - if I get an accurate count and don't have any wasted food, the cost of the meal could actually go down a buck or two. (Note: if you reply on the Northstar Riders website, please don't reply on this website or I will be sitting on a ton of extra food)

Now, could someone please pass me some more butter??

Papa Ron
    Now you have a friend in the tire business - Visit me at www.besttireservice.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Gen Xer

To all MMR attendees:

There will be a formal signup sheet for this fantastic sounding meal. This is what we will be using to get our official head count to Papa Ron before he makes the trek down.

Even if you have indicated in this post your intent to partake in Thanksgiving in July, please find the official signup sheet in the lobby of the Brookstone and write your name down.

If for some reason you are not going to be at the rally before the morning of the 17th please either have someone sign up for you or shoot me an email at GenXer@mmr10.com

Obviously feel free to post your intent here as this will at least give Ron some preliminary numbers.

Thanks and see you all in less than 3 weeks!!

Ride on.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.