Hampstead Accident
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hampstead Accident

Default Hampstead Accident

I was just watching WMUR and they were reporting on an motorcycle accident. From what I caught, there was a group fund raiser ride for a fallen police officer.

The long and the short of it is that a drunk driver in an SUV crossed the double yellow line and struck 2 of the motorcycles head on. They reported that the 2 drivers went to the hospital, but a woman passenger was killed at the scene.

I'm sure they'll have something on the news tonight and/or their website.

Gives me chills and breaks my heart to hear of such things. Our prayers go out to the families.

Just another testimony that reminds us to be more and more diligent in our defensive driving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SPGrenier View Post
    I was just watching WMUR and they were reporting on an motorcycle accident. From what I caught, there was a group fund raiser ride for a fallen police officer.

The long and the short of it is that a drunk driver in an SUV crossed the double yellow line and struck 2 of the motorcycles head on. They reported that the 2 drivers went to the hospital, but a woman passenger was killed at the scene.

I'm sure they'll have something on the news tonight and/or their website.

Gives me chills and breaks my heart to hear of such things. Our prayers go out to the families.

Just another testimony that reminds us to be more and more diligent in our defensive driving.
    We should find out the court date and make a showing. This is totally unacceptable and this guy should get locked up. Sickens me that people can be so irresponsible. I'll be watching the news tonight.
    Links to the Gallery, Rider Map and Events Calendar have been moved to:

On a more serious side - this happened today !
    It was a charity ride for a family call Knight - The Knioght ride - for someone who passed away..

Myself and the wife were going to do this ride - but some friends we have not seen in months asked us to go kayaking this same weekend.

Well we were coming home and the road was closed within 1/4 mile from my house... This is what happened during the charity ride.

Lawrence Trib
    Fatal crash closes Route 111 in Hampstead

HAMPSTEAD, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire Police say a Hampstead has been shut down in both directions as crews worked to clear a fatal crash.
    Police said the a black sport utility vehicle collided with several motorcycles shortly after noon on Saturday on Route 111.
    Police say one person has died. Further details were not immediately available.

The update was the guy in the SUV was drunk at 11:30am on a Saturday.
    We believe we have heard at least 1 biker is dead and 2 in serious condition.

Guys and Gals ride safe and - it does not matter what time of day... there are people who have no self control.

WMUR's report:
    HAMPSTEAD, N.H. --

New Hampshire Police said a Hampstead road that had been shut down in both directions on Saturday after a fatal crash has been reopened.

Investigators said an SUV tried to take a left turn and cut off two motorcycles on Route 111 just after noon.

Paramedics said a woman on the back of one of the motorcycles was killed. Two men were taken to local hospitals in critical condition.

Police said the riders were taking part in the Mark Knight Charity Ride.

The victims' identities weren't immediately released.

Police said the road was reopened just after 5 p.m.

Police said they received tips about an erratic driver before the crash.

Officers took the driver of the SUV into custody. Detectives said the driver was taken to a hospital to submit to a blood test.
    Last edited by Cobraz; 06-26-2010 at 07:33 PM.
    2008 Honda VTX 1300R - Blank Slate
    2005 Honda VTX 1300C - R.I.P - 12/2013...She was claimed a total loss by fire.
    Longest weekend ride: 2,083 miles and 14 1/2 hours of riding in one day.

That just sucks, my thoughts and best wishes go out to the injured, family of the deceased and friends!
    IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE DUMB, YOU BETTER BE TOUGH! 2003 1800C BLACK & DARKSIDE!

As we know it happens in the blink of an eye..our prayers and thoughts go out to the families of this tragedy..
    04 1300C RIP
    06 1300C Black Cherry..Walts toy
    08 1300C metallic black..Walts new toy
    08 1300C Candy Red

Well, a little more info. They did release the name of the driver who lost his wife. His name is Bill Weaver. He is 43 and his wife was 49.

Nothing is ever too far from home. Bill Weaver is a tractor trailer driver for FedEx and has, on occasion, delivered mail to my postal facility. The FedEx ramp agent approached me tonight and asked if I had participated in the charity ride.

Undoubtedly, Tim (Tlski99) knows this driver quite well.

Again, my thoughts are with the families of both victims.

Looks like he's been charged with negligent homicide, aggravated driving while intoxicated and two counts of felony reckless conduct, and got $30,000 bail.

I have no sympathy for people like this, I hope they lock him up and throw away the key. Or maybe run him over with his own SUV.

This is the Eagle Tribune link with photos:
    http://www.eagletribune.com/latestne...-memorial-ride
    This was the talk at last night's Hampstead Fire Works. The officersI saw last night were clearly upset.
    What a shame.

Read the comments at the bottom right. Someone who was on site made some remarks.
    Last edited by Plumcrazy; 06-27-2010 at 08:13 AM.

2010 Victory Cross Country. She's a keeper.

Turns My stomach when are people gonna stop being dumb? WTF
    AKA ME

http://www.wmur.com/news/24054132/detail.html

This tragic accident happened on Saturday morning around 11:30.

Can you believe that he had also been busted in Pelham the night before for DUI as well. 2 DUIs in less then a day with the 2nd incident causing injury and loss of life.
    Last edited by SPGrenier; 06-28-2010 at 10:59 AM.

My boss lives next to the womans family from Tewksbury... she died when her head hit the guard rail... she snapped her neck... very sad.
    2008 Honda VTX 1300R - Blank Slate
    2005 Honda VTX 1300C - R.I.P - 12/2013...She was claimed a total loss by fire.
    Longest weekend ride: 2,083 miles and 14 1/2 hours of riding in one day.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.