Honda VTX Forum banner

Purolator PureONE Oil Filters On Sale (for $1) @ Advance Auto Parts

6K views 58 replies 21 participants last post by  ClevelandRocks 
#1 ·
Can't beat this deal! See here for the details.

#2 ·
good filters

i'm a manager at advance auto and i've been using them for about five yrs and used them on my other bikes too.

the wifes 1300 uses the l14610 = 2.5inch
my 1800 uses the l14612 = 2.5 inch

theres also a longer version 3 inch that can be used on both bikes and ues its a little tighter to get them in and ive used them too.

#3 ·
i'm a manager at advance auto and i've been using them for about five yrs and used them on my other bikes too.

theres also a longer version 3 inch that can be used on both bikes and ues its a little tighter to get them in and ive used them too.
Hey, thanks for that info for the 1800. Time to stock up!

#10 ·
Is there a limit of how many filters can be bought with the rebate per adress? I see you can buy 4 under one rebate offer but can't find anything about getting more than just 4 aka wife buying 4 son buying 4. Some rebates are only good for 1 per house hold didn't know if this one of them.

Thanks

#11 ·
Is there a limit of how many filters can be bought with the rebate per adress? I see you can buy 4 under one rebate offer but can't find anything about getting more than just 4 aka wife buying 4 son buying 4. Some rebates are only good for 1 per house hold didn't know if this one of them.

Thanks
Says "Maximum purchase of four (4) oil filters per household address (maximum
payout $12)
." What I wanna know is, can you put a yellow filter on a black bike?

THANX MUCH!

#13 ·
Actually, I'll be surprised if this works. The $5 price is an exclusive "online" offer. The rebate form says "2. Include your original store identified cash register
receipt, dated between 4/3/11 and10/29/11, with
purchase prices circled. I'll see if I can even get a register rx from the store when I pick them up. I bought online (to get this price), paid w/Paypal, that rx will get me the filters but not sure bout the rebate. Just sayin.

#14 ·
What I wanna know is, can you put a yellow filter on a black bike?
Spray paint the filter black?

Actually, I'll be surprised if this works. The $5 price is an exclusive "online" offer. The rebate form says "2. Include your original store identified cash register
receipt, dated between 4/3/11 and10/29/11, with
purchase prices circled.
I'll see if I can even get a register rx from the store when I pick them up. I bought online (to get this price), paid w/Paypal, that rx will get me the filters but not sure bout the rebate. Just sayin.
If they don't give you one at the store, should not be a big deal. This is an online deal, so you just print off your receipt from the online purchase. This is how I have always done it w/ online purchases and rebates, never had a problem (I have probably done hundreds). If I would also get a packing slip (or, in this case, a pickup receipt), I have always included a copy of that also, on the backside of the copy of my purchase receipt.

#15 ·
If I'm not mistaken the PL14610 is a 3.5 inch filter while the PL149612 is a 3 inch filter. Otherwise I believe they are the same.

FWIW I use the PL149612 on both my 1300 and 1800. It makes it easier (more room) when I change the filter.

#20 ·
Limit of 1

I just now tried to place an order and it says there is a limit of 1 item for that part number (PL14610).

I entered 4 in the Qty and also entered the Promo code of P20 and it showed the total price at $16. But when I went to checkout it goes back to the first page with the message about a limit of 1. :dontknow:

#21 ·
filters

I just got 3. I think what they do is check the inventory of the store you are shipping to and if they have 4 they will give them to you. If they don't, it doesn't work. However, I went back and ordered 3 and it worked. Went right down to the store and picked them up. The store has the rebate forms.

#22 ·
I just now tried to place an order and it says there is a limit of 1 item for that part number (PL14610).

I entered 4 in the Qty and also entered the Promo code of P20 and it showed the total price at $16. But when I went to checkout it goes back to the first page with the message about a limit of 1. :dontknow:

Try the PL14612 filter. It is the same size as the stock filter. The PL14610 is 1/2 inch longer.

#23 ·
Got em

I just got 3. I think what they do is check the inventory of the store you are shipping to and if they have 4 they will give them to you. If they don't, it doesn't work. However, I went back and ordered 3 and it worked. Went right down to the store and picked them up. The store has the rebate forms.
Elder, you were correct, thanks! :bowdown: I changed the the store to a different location and it accepted the order. CHEAP price for 4 filters even without the rebate!

#25 ·
Just picked mine up BUT after the rebate they are $3.99 not $1.00. Retail for $6.99. After $3.00 rebate equals $3.99. Still a good deal.
I followed the directions + the filters were on sale for $5 reg 6.99. Then the P20 code took 20% off makin them $4 ea. Then the rebate ($3ea) makes them a buck each. Sounds like you didn't buy them online :dontknow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.