Honda VTX Forum banner

Want to get ticked off!!!!

7K views 100 replies 51 participants last post by  Joetee 
#1 ·

#77 ·
If you pass me at least wave..lol..He!! I will even drop over to the curb and let you by on the outside, probably safer than all line crossing, daredevil shat...I love fast bikes, seen one today. New Yamaha 1000cc, 160+ponies, enough torque to stop a tornado. I just dont ride like that any more........I cant beat on someone for what I have done, smart or not, thats just me...ride safe and we can pass this way again...

#78 ·
Just today I was riding along at a relaxed paced on rt.23 outside Otis , Ma and I saw three sportbikes riding up two cars back, and I figured about 90% they were going to try for the big pass, because sportbike riders love the road for the curves and they are riding like crazy all the time on that road.

I anticipated that they would cross the double yellow to pass the car behind me, drop back into the lane to avoid oncoming traffic and buzz by me in the same lane, and thats exactly what these cycledoners did.

I just..let it go...I mean...why let their actions screw up my nice day riding with my wife. Back on rt. 20 I saw them all filling up at a gas station and I just let it go...again. What good is going to come from any remarks meade to them. They know exactly what they are doing and just dont care how it impacts others.

So...I continued on with our great day...rode another 70 miles had pizza and ice cream and didnt let cycle donors on their way to the idiots convention negatively impact my day.

We all have choices when we see squids coming and know they are going to pass....but to run them off the road... thats just the wrong choice and cannot be defended by any means.

enjoy life...enjoy the ride....screw the squids....let it go.

#79 ·
Truck driver.
It may have been that he was "blindsided / startled " by the motorcyclist ...

... and once he responded in a "murderous" manner ...

... the "panic and fear" may have overridden any conscious choice he may have had ...

... and as "the chase" increased ... so did the stress ....

... and the concept of "choice" removed from his social skills glossery ...

Most certainly it was not a sane, rational and reasonable reaction ...

... and he most certainly needs a "time out" from his driving priviliges ...

... and interacting with a "general public" that is often imperfect ...

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

:crew:

#80 ·
you seen to have a hatred of sport bikes... In your group of 5-6 please tell me you are at least doing the speed limit and not the 10 under that every group of 5-6 i come up behind seems to do...

Will i pass in a double yellow? hell yes if i have a clear line of sight and can do so safely. now the line of sight will very greatly depending on what bike i am riding, vtx1300... that needs a huge line of sight. Yahama fz1 (something that i bet you would call a "crotch rocket") needs a whole lot less line of sight.

so here is me being all squiddy... just sad that it was not on a double yellow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDH7Ekl6ff0
The "cruisers" (meaning riding style, not bike style) that ride around in groups of 6 -12 travelling UNDER the speed limit like they are in some damn parade drive me nuts too. Will I pass them on a DY if it is safe to so? You better believe it. Safer for me in the long run, as they are probably riding under the influence of ice cream.

#81 ·
Am I missing somthing here?? I see a long 10min video of a guy following a truck... and at one 2 second point the truck swerves toward a bike passing him.. thats it?? Thats what this whole video is about?? The guy makes this huge video and calls the cops for that?!?
Yep - you missed something... How many more seconds do you figure were needed for the guy in the truck to run the bike off the road and maybe kill the rider? For sure, I don't know what was going through his mind but it appeared he deliberately pulled over on the bike. The bike shouldn't have passed over the double yellow but the trucker's response was way over the top. He also went left of center in two other spots where motor cycles were were on the other side of the road. It's all on tape so let the police judge figure out his motives.

#82 ·
Yep - you missed something... How many more seconds do you figure were needed for the guy in the truck to run the bike off the road and maybe kill the rider? For sure, I don't know what was going through his mind but it appeared he deliberately pulled over on the bike. The bike shouldn't have passed over the double yellow but the trucker's response was way over the top. He also went left of center in two other spots where motor cycles were were on the other side of the road. It's all on tape so let the police judge figure out his motives.
My interest is what we can learn from the tape to make us all "safer" ... I'm sure (MOL) the 'biker' was not provoking a high speed suicide chase ...

It may be that the truck driver put himself in a situation that made it impossible for him to make a good conscious decision ... in the civilian world ... he had no tools ... no skills ... once "stress" reduces him to hiws lowest common denominator ...

He's got that biker "following" him (may be 'armed' ... ) as he's attempting to kill the biker in front of him ... so he is constantly being "blindsided" and consequently increasing his own stress level ... and reducing his ability to make rational decisions ...

If he stops to deal with the biker behind him he loses his prey ... and the biker in front of him has "out gunned" him on speed and agility ...

So where does that place 'bikers' :?:

My first thought is that there is precious little out there that brings 'riders' good news ...

My second thought is that riding is "good hard work" that requires constant vigilance so that "we" are not "blindsided" ...

Keep an open mind and practice ... practice ... practice ... and ... in an imperfect world ... always leave yourself an "escape" route ...

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

#84 ·
So, if you pass me on a double yellow it's OK to run your ass off the road?
Yea one guy made a moving violation, the other was willfull intent to do bodily harm. One is a fine and a few points on your license, the other a felony.
The guy driving the truck belongs in jail.
I don't think anyone is saying it's OK to run someone off the road if they pass on a double yellow.

I think what some are saying is that both of them are wrong. Sure, the truck driver is "more wrong', but that's the way things happen, they escalate.

Again, not an excuse, but you hear the truck driver complaining about the bikes racing down the road all the time. Yep, the biker's are partially at fault.

#85 ·
No one here has ever passed a vehicle on a 2 lane black top across the double yellow?
Nah, they'll follow that tractor at 6 knots till the sun goes down.
See, that's what happens in discussions like this, folks want to exaggerate things to make their point.

Sure, lots of folks pass a slow moving truck in a long no passing zone.

That's not what happened here. The bikers were ignoring the speed limits and ignoring the no passing zone. The pick-up wasn't "slow moving", except in the relatively slow.

#86 ·
#87 ·
There are no good old days ....

Question :

And you wonder why :crew: :a13: he's :a13: :crew: no longer alowed in the OTE and the Hotbox.
Answer:

So folks like yourself will simply have to come here ...

:dontknow: I don't see the problem ... :dontknow:

:dontknow: But isn't this board supposed to be about motorcycles and such :?: :dontknow:

Thanks for a volunteer "shout out" ...

nice bike ...

check the local laws about that open tailgate ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

#88 ·
Answer:

LMAO

#89 ·
wll...

It is a bunch a crap defending that ***** in that truck period. He knew exactly what he was doing when he did it. He tried to run one of them off the road and then drove in both lanes for miles so the other bike couldn't pass and catch up with his friend. He came out of the truck at the stop sign with a tool in his hand and was ready to fight if need be. Now why would he do that unless he knew what his intent was?

Officer I didn't see the motorcycle, HA. I was cleaning my gun and it just went off? Yea right, sorry ass excuses for morally deviant behavior if you ask me. We all see this kind of stuff all over the country and yet here are people defending it? Anyone defending that guy in the truck is not a motorcyclist in my mind. If that was me in my truck I would have pulled over to the right and gave them both all the room they needed to get by my slow ass, and then waved them past.

Six2go

#91 ·
Question :

Answer:

The answer is simple. I have a choice, you don't.

#92 ·
Six2Go
Anyone defending that guy in the truck is not a motorcyclist in my mind.
Absofkglutely

If that was me in my truck I would have pulled over to the right and gave them both all the room they needed to get by my slow ass, and then waved them past.
A True Farmer, like is done here the Truck would put on left signal,
Pull into left lane and slow down to left the bikes pass by.
Nothing else matters.

#94 ·
All I saw was a couple of sport bike guys in protective gear interact with a d bag in a pickup. Can't tell if they were speeding as we don't have a speedo view and the camera angle is low. Pretty clear who was at fault here. This is why I don't do 2 laners very often, never know when someone will be in your lane coming around the corner

#95 ·
i dunno - i reckon that i will always post outside the MS - but i do not like herd / group behavior in any of its forms....from what i saw on the vid - the speed was too much for the populated road - i think of the residents living along side and getting buzzed all day...got lots of roads like this round here......further - i really do not get the idea that the "bikes" are superior on the road - this from sheer size/weight and risk level involved (skill aside) - as said here once and something i take to heart - i ride like everypne is out to kill me....really..you never know what folks are "dealing with"...
as for the trick driver - a crazy bastard, likely a chckenshat face to face and should be strung up....as for for me it is not a contest and all about enjpyment - and for all this in general - pass em fast and let em pass and make it easy...

#98 ·
We are pretty much all guilty of breaking a few traffic rules at times so we shouldn't pass judgement on the biker. The truck driver deserved a beating that he would never forget. I would've just taken off to gain a good gap and pull over, get off the bike and wait for the moron.

#99 ·
The sportbike crossed the double line once. And HOW many time did the truck cross the line!!!! ? The video is priceless for the cops on pressing charges on the truck driver aka *******!
:agree:also valuable in getting a conviction for both of the sport bike squids .two wrongs never make a right and nobody is exempt from the law .in Ga. what the biker did would be considered wreckless endangerment same as what the truckdriver did.
we should all try to be respectfull when riding in someone elses backyard. sure i pass slower traffic on a double yellow line but i do not come up on traffic and shoot around them like a bullet before they know you are there that was stupid.
as for as the guy in the truck i just think he is a bad driver that dosent watch where hes going . lots of them around here on the backroads thats why i dont shoot around them till they see me ,most of them will slow and let you around .
i dont think i would try pass a truck that tried to block me.

#101 ·
In my opinion, some here in this thread failed to see the point.
Two crotch rockets out having fun. Did they go over the line and probably speeding as well? Yes.

But how does this compare to the douche bag in the pick up trying to hit the guy. He even climbed out of the truck with what looked like a crow bar.

I think the guys on the bikes should have removed there helmets and beat the hell out of the guy with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.