Honda VTX Forum banner

Your new parts list

10K views 104 replies 17 participants last post by  Wizza 
#1 ·
I thought it would be a good way to talk about new or new to you parts we are installing on our bikes. I just picked up a set of Roadkrome Sturgis hard saddlebags and hopefully next weekend they will be here to begin fabricating the mounts. I benn wanting hard bags but, just didn't want to use harley parts. Well time to get to work so list up your parts and Have a great week.

#4 ·
new parts

kury tripple whammy brake light mod, and kury chrome turn signal lens and bezels

#7 ·
Just ordered the Easy Brackets, Key lock and slides right off. They should be here Friday. So I know what I will be doing just before dawn on Saturday morning. (Or maybe Friday night) Now I am officially in the hole for this months bike allowance. Yee Haa.

#8 ·
Easy brackets my ass. 2 hours thus far I have cut out the steel plate and grinded the plate to match the indention of the hard bags. Drilled the holes to mount them to the bag and cut the studs of the easy brackets to get them closer to the fender. They stuck way off the bike and looked horrible. Now i got to get a couple of pics of the progress and paint the steel plates with crinkle paint to match the brackets. I am going to weld the easy brackets to the steel plates so I know they will not move unless I want them to. All this for hard bags. LOL. But they are going to be sweet when I am done. And they have a lot of room compared to the throw-overs. Well back to work. I will keep you posted.

#11 ·
Wow you got skills with that welder....lot of work goes into that....did you rotate them forward that way to follwo the line of the fender?

Are you going to leave them at an angle?

I think it can only be called Easy Brackets once installed. Then it is less trouble. Very good you re-inforced them.

#12 ·
That's exactly why I set them at that angle. It just looked better with the top lined up than the bottom of the bag being level with the pipes. Don't know if I am gonna leave them this way or not yet, I am going to wait a week or two to see how they grow on me. If something spills in the bag at least it will run to the front of the bag. Lol. Hopefully tomorrow will be nicer to get outside and play.

#14 ·
Not yet. but who knows. I was thinking of the ride tomorrow but I guess I will take the day off and take it easy. Might see if any of the group I hang out with might want to go on a short one hundred miler or something, I guess I will take it as it comes and just go with the flow. You guys be safe and have a good time.

#15 ·
Tracy, it didn't make it a week. I couldn't stand the angle. Left side has arleady been removed, Cut, Grinded smooth, and rewelded. Now just waiting for the paint to dry for re-asembly. Besides the louvers will show better with the rear level. Lol.

#17 ·
Thanks Justin, I try. I was just a poor white boy growing up. We had to learn to fix things not buy them. Lol. I just came in from doing the right side and I do like the way the left bag sits better now than before. I am waiting on the paint to dry on the right side then I will get a better pic of the final product. Still gonna have to make another brace for them, I just have to get them in their permanent place before I go cutting up more metal. Well lets go get some keys made for the Boss and the bracket should be cool enough when I get back. The re-install the right side and hope the measurements were correct.

#20 ·
Sweet, See , the only thing that comes from riding with a whole group of VTX's is a long shopping list. Lol. Well the bags sit level and I am very happy with the final product. Now all that is left is one more brace and they will be rock solid. Now a better pic of the bike after I got home from work today.

Attachments

#24 ·
Hopefully we can all get together soon and burn up some fuel. I had a great ride and was very interested to see the different ways everyone has added the things that make them our own individual sleds. It's so cool that every one had something different that caught our eyes. Now I got to save up and find the next piece of the puzzle. I almost got it the way I want it but a Faring might be in the future but not for sure yet. It was certainly great to meet everyone and if there is anything I can help you guys with give me a shout. Gonna surf the forums for a bit then hit the sack. Thanks for the encouragement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.