Honda VTX Forum banner

The Wave

3K views 34 replies 28 participants last post by  HereticWild 
#1 ·
Can we all just agree to stop waving at each other when we pass another biker on the road? For whatever reason, all bikers seem to want to wave at me right in the middle of a shift and it is way to frustrating to wave back and try not to kill myself. I love motorcycles and the people who ride them, but i'm done waving. WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!?!

#6 ·
:agree: If I can't wave due to shifting or rough road, I simply nod back. If you can't or don't want to wave, don't. You will still get them regardless. I like it as well. Hand Job

#8 ·
Please take a look at one article that caught my eye when searching myself for the wave or not to wave., it was published back in 2009. I personally enjoy the wave. I mean it makes you feel like other people out there like being out on their motorcycle. Same goes when people are in classic cars and pass each other or have the same vehicle. If you ever pass me no matter what bike ur on I'll gladly wave or nod.. thnks Swizzy83:doorag:

http://thetimerider.hubpages.com/hub/MotorcycleEtiquetteHowNotToWaveLikeADork

#9 ·
MOM! He's lookin at me!

Can we all just agree to stop waving at each other when we pass another biker on the road?[/QUOTE]
I House O' Pain, hereby agree from this day forward never to wave at Kuris2000.
:thumbup:

(you may now unwad your panties)

:mrgreen:

I'll continue to wave everyone else if the notion strikes me, thank you very much.
:thumbup:

#10 ·
It's like a secret handshake. I saw a guy mowing next to the road the other day and he waived, I thought, must be a fellow biker. It just becomes a habit, on or off the bike. It crosses over to other areas such as classic cars mentioned and Jeeps as well. Fellow jeepers tend to waive at each other also.

#15 ·
Out in the middle of Nowhere, Nebraska in the dead of winter - EVERYONE waves. No bikes there at that time of the year, just autos and trucks.

You'll know when you get there. There's a sign that says "Now Entering The Middle Of Nowhere". True story.

35 years ago there weren't many bikes on the road and we all waved at each other. I still wave, but typically when I'm out riding and it's below freezing and I see another bike and know that we are brothers, that we have something in common; we're BOTH idiots.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Otherwise, I don't wave.

... you could get one of these....
I hear that they're easy to install.

#18 ·
4 years ago before I got my bike, I was riding my wife's Sportster. (Yeah she has been riding longer than I have) In about 15 minutes 4 or 5 guys waved at me. I thought that they were waiving at her bike. When I got home, I was kinda pi$$ed Off. I said, "Who the Hell are all of those guys who think they are waiving at you." She just cracked up and said, "Everybody waives at me." I didn't understand until I got my X. True Story.

#21 ·
The WAVE

With 40k miles under my belt, I still question myself, weather or not to wave, every time I see another bike on the road. Do I want to?????? HELL YEAH I DO!!!!!! Riding is awesome, and anybody else I see riding, I am assuming they are feeling the same high that I am so I want to wave, but here in NY not everyone waves, so I wait to see if they do. If they do, I am like HELL YEAH WHATS UP BROTHER, and pass them a wave.:D:D:D Sometimes I park my bike in front of a mirror and wave to myself...:oops::oops::oops: Just kidding ( I thought it sounded funny)

#24 ·
Well I have rode my 91 Softail Custom all over Europe and down into the lower parts that it was safe to ride. Even rode it through the former Checkpoint Charlie into the former East Berlin. And the Wave is world wide. Even in the former East Berlin the kids were the coolest cause they just wave because to them it is a dream to be able to ride a bike and be free. I will try to be the first to throw out a hand in a heartbeat. If it is not returned I don't get offended, It is a personal choice and that my friend is what Freedom is all about. God Bless America !

#26 ·
It's like a secret handshake. I saw a guy mowing next to the road the other day and he waived, I thought, must be a fellow biker. It just becomes a habit, on or off the bike. It crosses over to other areas such as classic cars mentioned and Jeeps as well. Fellow jeepers tend to waive at each other also.
LI think it's universal for any "recognizeable" Or club worthy vehicle. I used to drive a trans am and every trans am I passed, the driver waved, as did I. I've seen camaro owners, vette owners, vw beetle, jeeps of all styles, and even soccer mom mini vans become part of the "wave society".

So I say to all. Wave on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.