paying it forward - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: paying it forward

Certainly wasn't intended as bad form. Consider the request canceled. I will go edit the original post to remove it.

My apologies.

[QUOTE=readtrio;3063221]I have to agree.... this isn't the "request something for free" post,but it is the "PAY IT FORWARD" post. If you are in need of something put it on the wanted to buy, or another post altogether. Asking for stuff kinda kills the spirit of paying it forward.

my .02

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

No harm, no foul. It just defeats the purpose, paying it forward has to come from someones willingness to give and offer up something to give, or a service to help someone out. Asking someone to pay something forward kinda changes the whole idea of doing something out of kindness of someones heart. Not to say that asking for help is wrong, just out of the theme of this particular thread.

Maybe someone should start a "Need help with something" thread for this particular need.

These are hard times for everyone indeed, I for one almost lost all my chit due to being laid-off for an extended length of time. So I for one have NO problem asking for, or giving help to ANYONE who needs it.

Good luck to any of my Brothers or Sisters in need of help during these F'D up times.
    Last edited by readtrio; 12-30-2010 at 01:38 AM.

06 VTX 1800 N, V&H Bigshots,Ultimate X solo seat w/backrest, Riding on the Darkside, ISO grips, Fatty engine guards w/ISO pegs, Phatriser II's, Clocks for bikes thermo and clock set, and MUCH more....

I see I got flamed for the post as well. It's "nice" to see some imposed montitors that set people back in "their" place if they post up and accidentaly got the concept incorrect.

However, I do really like the thread and have followed it from time to time to see what's happening.
    1/3 of the three Amigo's

1/4 of the four horsemen

Proud member of The Soggy Bottom Boyz (monsoon rain riders!)

There was a post called "The Brotherhood and Sisterhood of the Travelling Seat" The premise was to lend your unused stock seat to someone to use while they were having their own seat modded by MCC. When the modded seat was returned, that rider would pass the seat on to the next rider who posted a need.

" Pay It Foward " It's my sig on my personal e.mail and has been for a long time. Good movie, shame we can all grasp it. Good thread to see ! Smitt...
    Quote Originally Posted by mneccspv View Post
    Lot's of time and money. I trust no one's wrench, but my own. Avon Monster Club, Black Out Club, Mat Black Fastest Color....Pay it forward .

Just got back on forum after being afk for a while... loved reading thru this post..... getting some new parts soon, ill return with some helping parts for those in need :P ... take care all and ride safe....
    ~Joshua~
    05 VTX 1300S

looking for cobra fatty engine gaurds....

Quote Originally Posted by ileneavtx View Post
    looking for cobra fatty engine gaurds....
    post that in the WTB ads, this is for people giving, not asking. thanks for joining the forum! welcome!!

i got givings too. i just figured if someone had what i wanted i would post all i have

Found a set of stock brake/clutch levers off my old 1300C hiding in a box of some yet to be identified crap. Anyone need them?!? you pay postage and they're yours....

Just an angel with no halo and one Wing in the fire....
    (Yeah, couldn't keep the Wing Stock either!!)

X-less, My lil' Pepe has a new daddy now....

Default Lost the point of it

The whole pay it forward thing is awesome but it isn't to benefit yourself it is to help out a fellow rider you shouldn't do a good deed just to expect it to help you the reason for doing this is to help out one another if your not using it and it is collecting dust get rid of it. I missed out on a couple things that i would of liked to have but thats ok.

i have a set of spokes off a 1300s 2006 they could use a good cleaning and the rear has some paint overspray but if you want them pay the shipping you can have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajundude View Post
    Found a set of stock brake/clutch levers off my old 1300C hiding in a box of some yet to be identified crap. Anyone need them?!? you pay postage and they're yours....
    If they'll fit my 1300 Retro, yeah, need them. Scuffed up mine something fierce when I laid it down a few months ago. I'll send a PM.

Default need mirror and levers

bike fell over , I need LEVERS AND MIRRORS FOR VTX C 1300 THANKS..

Quote Originally Posted by RWest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by saliva2002 View Post
    not to on anyones parade, but personally i think this post should be left to people who have things to pass along, as opposed to asking for free stuff.... correct me if i'm out of turn here..... and don't get me wrong, i'd love to take all my items off of the WTB forum and put them here, but it seems like its against the title of this forum.....

(not trying to be a jag, just trying to stop this thread from losing its originally intended purpose)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RWest

Quote:
    Originally Posted by saliva2002
    not to on anyones parade, but personally i think this post should be left to people who have things to pass along, as opposed to asking for free stuff.... correct me if i'm out of turn here..... and don't get me wrong, i'd love to take all my items off of the WTB forum and put them here, but it seems like its against the title of this forum.....

(not trying to be a jag, just trying to stop this thread from losing its originally intended purpose)

Saliva,
    I'm pretty sure he was posting in reference to Cajundude's post. I appreciate what you're doing, but take it easy on the legitimate requests. He's a new guy.
    I agree with you 100% on the "asking." Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by gryfox23; 02-03-2011 at 10:28 AM.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: America's ORIGINAL "Homeland Security!"
    It's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6!
    Catch and release is for fish, not FELONS!

06 VTX1300C ORANGE baby! STILL the FASTEST COLOR!!!

R.I.P Mom!!! ---"HEROES LIVE FOREVER" (NLEOMF)

I'm reading the last few posts and I'm feeling offended...enough so, the Frakin' levers are now in the garbage can... Can't wait to be rid of the X..
    Last edited by Cajundude; 02-03-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Just an angel with no halo and one Wing in the fire....
    (Yeah, couldn't keep the Wing Stock either!!)

X-less, My lil' Pepe has a new daddy now....

Quote Originally Posted by RWest View Post

I have square stock mirrors, if your interested i can post pics. i have a 1300 R. not sure if they will work for you
    Last edited by ileneavtx; 02-03-2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: needed to add more info

Talking Forward

Hey guys.... I picked up some HK American Classics last year for my 2006 C and now have the stock pipes sitting in my shed collecting dust. The have around 3,000 miles on them with normal wear and whatnot. Too much of a pain in the ass to ship, but if anybody in the metro NY area needs them, they are yours for the asking. I live in western suffolk and work in central nassau.

Scott

06 Black 1300c, Hard Krome American Classics, Kury Pro Hyper Charger, Mustang Sport Touring Seat, Honda Mini Backrest.

Not sure if this thread is still valid, but I kinda got choked up reading everyone's posts. REAL GOOD STUFF!! Anyhoo, I have a stock seat from a 1300C. Send me a pm and it's yours if you can use it. I'll cover shipping in lower 48. Have a great day folks!

2006 VTX 1300C Bub Jug Huggers, Mustang seat, MS Batwing, Tsukayu hard bags, and more to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by YakimaVTXer View Post
    Not sure if this thread is still valid, but I kinda got choked up reading everyone's posts. REAL GOOD STUFF!! Anyhoo, I have a stock seat from a 1300C. Send me a pm and it's yours if you can use it. I'll cover shipping in lower 48. Have a great day folks!
    This thread is valid until people stop caring and sharing!

I'm not totally useless... I can be used as a bad example.
    www.yourhandyguys.com
    www.amazingaquascapes.com
    www.bacaworld.org/mission

Quote Originally Posted by Handy1 View Post
    This thread is valid until people stop caring and sharing!
    which i thought was february 3

You can't take it with you...

Default Paying it Forward

This is just awsome so was the movie, we are newer riders so nothing extra just yet but I love the concept.........

Quote Originally Posted by YakimaVTXer View Post

Stonesavage is taking the seat. Enjoy my friend, and remember to "pass it on".

2006 VTX 1300C Bub Jug Huggers, Mustang seat, MS Batwing, Tsukayu hard bags, and more to follow.

Will do !

This thread is absolutely amazing, I have been on numerous boards and this is the first time I have seen something like this! I am finally starting to get all of my parts together for my bike, nothing really lying around at the moment not being used, but I do believe I will be back when I have something to offer to help someone out that is in a tight spot!

Default 1300 Spokes

Hi YoungX:

Would love the 1300 spokes if still available. I'm rebuilding and upgrading a crashed VTX1300S, and my current spokes are pretty tarnished and beat up--to the point that I was thinking of switching to a set of R cast wheels if I could find them. But I would love to keep the spokes!

In about 3 weeks, as I come close to putting things back together, I should have a handful of stock parts I'm no longer using, and promise to post them here **Scout's Honor**

Anyway, I'll PM you Youngx

Thank you;

Warhawk

Default Various stock items from a 2004 1300 r/s

I have a few things you can have..

6 orange turn signal lenses (2 have the metal screw clips)

Stock horn

Stock black plastic radiator cover

Stock billboard style license plate holder.

If you want any of these items let me know.

James (Cav-J)
    Last edited by Cav-J; 08-14-2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Added item
    "Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul." (Unknown)

VIA-2004 VTX 1300S | Super fast black (Its so fast it now has silver & white flames)

I have a stock seat that someone can have as soon as I find a passenger Pillion to fit my C. I am not asking someone to give me one, I am looking to buy one, but until I do, the stock seat is the only way my wife can ride with me. I have an C&C solo seat and use it for just me and switch back to stock for 2 up. So, if someone knows where a decently priced passenger pillion is, please let me know and then the stock seat will go up for grabs.

Progression of My Bike
    My Bagger Build - Bike 2

2006 VTX1300 F'n C
    2004 VTX1300(S) Custom Bagger

in my house on a farm east central illinoies

Smile 1300c seat

isn't it great that good old threads never die
    just got a 1800c seat on now some one will get my seat

got a 1300c seat to pay forward first to pm me their address gets it
    campman
    always go camping in jan. no bugs,scream kids - yu get the best camp sites and the ladies always snuggle up to you

06 vtx 1300c mainly stock - Hard Krome K2 - darkside (hyro-edge 205/70/15)

Default Anyone got a set of 2006 C egg shaped mirrors

I dumped my scoot into the wifes car this summer. I was able to find someone on here and purchased a set of square ones, really after the OEM look. Just for the record the right side is the one that broke, left side looks like new.
    Still love the bike as this was the only damage due to dump in the garage.
    Thanks all for the consideration.

lilruff

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.