Honda VTX Forum banner

Shark Fishing

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  BD APL 
#1 ·
My younger brother talked me in comming down May 24-28th for Black Bike Week. And i would like to do some fishing while i'm there. Being from Mo i think catch a shark would be cool, so any info on shark fishing from shore would be great. Staying in Myrtle beach, so any good spots from there. Not looking for Jaws or anything, but as long it is a shark. Also any great rides in SC thanks!

#2 ·
When shark fishing in SC, never use your own limbs as bait. However, it is ok to have a friend get in the water and splash around after the chum has been dumped in the water.:mrgreen:
Honestly, it has been a while since I have shark fished but I always did it from a boat, never from the shore. I do know they have new rules on only catching one species of shark per day. Back in the day you could catch as many of whatever shark you wanted. We bottom fished using fresh cut bait with tide coming in or going out. Had the best luck with those conditions.
As far as rides, can't think of anything right there in MB. Charlotte NC further inland has Carowinds park with some cool rides. But if you are on a VTX you will already be riding a fun ride.:thumbup:

#3 ·
Black Bike Week??? surely, that's got to be the color of the bike, not the skin color

What a troubling double standard that is so prevelant here in the good ole USA! Can you imagine the uproar by the 'black Leaders' if we had a White bike week..the name alone reeks of racism. so the African americans(not) have a black history MONTH and the white folks are permitted a St.patricks DAY...sure seems to be no equality when it comes to what is allowed for one group of persons , opposed to the other(Blacks vs whites) no wonder we are so divided and polorazied as never before. disgustingly biased!!! the real sharks (Al sharpton, Jesse jackson etc) are not taking the bait but doing the baiting. Wake up folks!!!
Blurbn:dontknow:

#4 ·
What a troubling double standard that is so prevelant here in the good ole USA! Can you imagine the uproar by the 'black Leaders' if we had a White bike week..the name alone reeks of racism. so the African americans(not) have a black history MONTH and the white folks are permitted a St.patricks DAY...sure seems to be no equality when it comes to what is allowed for one group of persons , opposed to the other(Blacks vs whites) no wonder we are so divided and polorazied as never before. disgustingly biased!!! the real sharks (Al sharpton, Jesse jackson etc) are not taking the bait but doing the baiting. Wake up folks!!!
I'm not so sure it's really a racial thing. Myrtle Beach has had "Black Biker Week" and "White Biker Week" for many years and my friends and I (we're mostly white) have ridden in f/ other parts of South Carolina and attended both. In each case the bikes are interesting to look at, the women are fun to watch and the beer tastes the same. Yes, we are in the minority when we're at Black Week, but the black guys are in the minority when they're at White Week. I can't speak for your hometown, but the days of racial intolerance are mostly a thing of the past here. We all seem to get along pretty well.

#5 ·
What WHITE BIKE WEEK...never heard of that one!!!!

I'm not so sure it's really a racial thing. Myrtle Beach has had "Black Biker Week" and "White Biker Week" for many years and my friends and I (we're mostly white) have ridden in f/ other parts of South Carolina and attended both. In each case the bikes are interesting to look at, the women are fun to watch and the beer tastes the same. Yes, we are in the minority when we're at Black Week, but the black guys are in the minority when they're at White Week. I can't speak for your hometown, but the days of racial intolerance are mostly a thing of the past here. We all seem to get along pretty well.
Not sure what time zone you are living in but here in birthplace of civil rights, Montgomery, alabama, my hometown of almost 60 years, we are more divided and polarized than ever. Unless you are a politically correct, advocate of the southern poverty law center(which i live across the street from) and are living with your head in the sand, you only have to come visit this Capitol city for a day or so and go to a local Wal-mart and then tell me how good race relations are. and for the record, i was raised in a family that preached and lived civil rights and still strive daily to abide by my rearing. My whole point is the DOUBLE STANDARD of a Black bike week. Tell me again where that White bike week is located, that's a new one to me!
Pax Dominus Vobiscum

#6 ·
Not sure why they call it Black bike Week, or could I care less. I know this is largely a younger sportbike type coward, who is not as F-up on race as some older groups. And main goal is to party, hell they all listen to that rap ****. I'm just going to take pics of all the thong butts I can, the hell with the color of the skin. Now back to shark fishing can anyone give me a little info please!

#7 ·
Not sure what time zone you are living in but here in birthplace of civil rights, Montgomery, alabama, my hometown of almost 60 years, we are more divided and polarized than ever. Unless you are a politically correct, advocate of the southern poverty law center(which i live across the street from) and are living with your head in the sand, you only have to come visit this Capitol city for a day or so and go to a local Wal-mart and then tell me how good race relations are. and for the record, i was raised in a family that preached and lived civil rights and still strive daily to abide by my rearing. My whole point is the DOUBLE STANDARD of a Black bike week. Tell me again where that White bike week is located, that's a new one to me!
Pax Dominus Vobiscum
I'm sorry I've seemed to upset you so much. As I said, I can't speak for your town. I'm sorry to hear you're "...more polarized than ever." But that just isn't the case in Myrtle Beach. "White Biker Week," sometimes referred to as "Harley Week" is normally the week following "Black Biker Week" and it's also in Myrtle Beach. As I mentioned, I'm white as are most of the guys I ride with, but we have a couple of black guys, an Asian and a Puerto Rican who hasn't yet decided what race he wants to be. Truthfully, we don't give a damn about skin color; we care about what kind of person you are. I can only hope Montgomery finally figures out this is the best way to live.

#11 ·
Why is it so hard to get a little info on shark fishing in SC? Had only one post about shark fishing, everthing esle has been about skin color at bike rally
Well, you ARE posting in a BIKER forum...you might get more fishing responses in a FISHING forum. :dontknow:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Why is it so hard to get a little info on shark fishing in SC? Had only one post about shark fishing, everthing esle has been about skin color at bike rally
You're 100% correct. These postings seem to have taken on a life of their own completely adrift f/ your original question. Although I don't have names and numbers, I know there are several charter boats out of Myrtle Beach that would love to take you shark fishing. Maybe the Yellow Pages would be a good place to start. If you decide to fish f/ shore, I'd suggest you head just a little farther north of Myrtle Beach, probably up by Little River, SC. The waters are cleaner there and Little River Inlet is fairly shallow. There are a lot of smaller fish in those waters that sharks like to feed on. Sorry I can't be more help; I'm not a fisherman. Good luck catching one of these nasty critters.

#15 ·
No Worries, Come on now, it's not just your average rally,
we'll see the proof in you're thing of choice images.
Right?
1st do you mean YOUR thing of choice images. 2nd what ia a average rally? The last time i check bikers come from sportbiker to goldwinger, God fearing to Hell risers & everything in between. So i'm sure every rally is not for everyone, as is butts in thongs! So any pics I take will be what i think is hot, not you. In short never cheated on wife in 20years, & don't plan on it then, just harmful flirting & pic taking. So if you have a problem with the rally, oh well..

#16 ·
How many times have riders from other states ask about things to see or do while visting a new state. Being from Mo this may be my only chance to fish in the ocean, so why not.
I agree with you for checking here first. I was just answering you on why there wasn't much response here. Probably also because lots of people fish, not as many shark fish. As an avid kiteboarder, I spend a lot of time on and in the water. As such, I have a deal with sharks: I don't eat them and they don't eat me. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.